Geosat Micro and Geosat 1200 Receivers

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed,polar mount and C band dish.
My Location
south africa
The above receivers I imported from the States a few years back.I have used the 1200 and started using the Micro recently.However,using the Micro on the same dish I am unable to get a signal.I am writing from South Africa.Is this a possible software problem.Can any member kindly assist.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What are the specifications ?

Basics first , DVB-S or S2 ?

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Last edited:

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
I have written to Geosat and being a weekend, I was hoping for an answer from the forum members.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You claimed you started using the Micro 'recently'.

Was it working previously ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Start with the basics - are the lnb setting set correctly? If its designed for the USA there could be some wierd diseqc or LO stuff set up.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
That is correct.After having had it for a few years I decided to test it but regrettably I now have this problem.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That is correct.After having had it for a few years I decided to test it but regrettably I now have this problem.
When was the last time you had it working ?

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
As far as I can recall it has not been working at all, but not being sure what the problem is, I left it for another day to look at.

KE4EST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko 4K.UHD on Motorized STAB motor 120cm dish and 3M C-Band dish.
My Location
North Carolina, USA
As far as I can recall it has not been working at all, but not being sure what the problem is, I left it for another day to look at.
I posted the below at SatelliteGuys in the US, but I will copy and paste here:

The microHD was shipped with a LO of 10750. If you are using a universal LNBF, you will need to change this.
Have you tried changing the LO? Do you have DiSEqC switch/switches in-line? Have you changed settings to comply?

cyberham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD receiver, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W-82W) e/w Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL C-band LNBF/scalar. 41-inch Star Choice dish w/Avenger PLL LNB 81W-77W. Shaw Direct 60e dish (103W/99W).
My Location
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
I have a GSP microHD and I'm quite familiar with it. Please advise in detail how you have it configured. If allowed, an image or two of the configuration screens would be useful. Also, information about what you have tried to make it work.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa

KE4EST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Carolina, USA
Try a blind scan or manually enter a good known transponder for the satellite you are after. If all that does not work, take a volt meter and put on the end of coax. Do you get 18-19 Volts H and 12-13 volts on V?

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Thanks KE4EST. Did the blind scan etc what you have suggested.The point is that the 1200 is using the same dish.However,I have observed that I cant exit the menu .A notice comes up, Notice no channel.Re booting does not solve the problem.I got to switch off the power.

cyberham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD receiver, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W-82W) e/w Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL C-band LNBF/scalar. 41-inch Star Choice dish w/Avenger PLL LNB 81W-77W. Shaw Direct 60e dish (103W/99W).
My Location
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
All my comments only apply to the microHD since I've never seen the 1200. You say both receivers are using the "same dish". Are both dishes connected at the same time? Using a diseqc switch? How is one dish connected to two receivers?

As configured, the correct default single satellite scan range is 10700 to 12200 MHz. You can edit that range, if you wish, by cursoring up and entering different frequencies using the keypad.

You mention you have a diseqc switch inline. On the microHD, do you have the DiSEqC 1.0 setting configured for the correct port of the diseqc switch (Port 1, 2, 3, or 4) to which the LNB is connected? This setting defaults to Disable. The notice of No Channel only indicates you haven't yet scanned in any channels. So that is a correct message until you have scanned in your first channel.

On the microHD, do you have the power to the LNB activated (System Setup>Other>LNB Power On)? Even if you can't scan in any channels for some reason, on the microHD you should still be able to see an RF signal for a given transponder frequency in the Installation>TP List screen if a signal is being received. If you cursor to a frequency listed in that screen, if the LNB is receiving a signal, then there will be a Signal Level and Signal Quality indication. If no frequency is in that screen, then you can manually add one using the Green Add button.

KE4EST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Carolina, USA
I understand what you mean that you are using the same dish. I am trying to figure out if the unit it putting out voltage or not. I can't remember if that unit had a menu option to turn LNB voltage on or off. But check to see if there is voltage coming out of it.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Neither the Micro or 1200 have a facility showing LNB voltage on or off. I have also disabled the port on the diseqc function and another scan was negative.I will now try and have the voltage tested.

cyberham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
The microHD MUST have its LNB voltage activated using System Setup>Other>LNB Power On. Or the receiver won't work. This configuration is OFF by default. Have you switched it ON?