Gibertini 125 installation

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 dish, Inverto Black Ultra single aimed at 28.2 E, built in Philips TV receiver
Triax 110 aimed at Telstar 12 (15 W)
My Location
Landvetter (15 km E of Gothenburg), Sweden
I am planning to replace my current dish with a significantly larger one. I have been looking at the Gibertini 125. I do have some concerns about the installation and the potential need of buying a new mast etc. I wonder if it would be possible to simply install it on my current 38 mm mast? Could I use a spacer? From what I understand a 60 mm diameter mast should be used for the included bracket. Thanks for any advice on this matter.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
38mm is far too small and the Gibby 1.25m dish is heavy. The minimum is a scaffold pole type mast, which is 50mm in diameter.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
if you can go with a 76mm mast although if its a fixed dish install and not to exposed a 50mm scaff pole should do the trick

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 dish, Inverto Black Ultra single aimed at 28.2 E, built in Philips TV receiver
My Location
Thank you for helping me with answers. It is not very exposed. I checked yesterday that I could install a 50 mm pole without having to change the brackets that hold my current 38 mm pole.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What kind of bracket is it? I wouldn't go for anything less and good quality T&K bracket...

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is my current installation. I installed the dish a few months ago with the anticipation of buying a replacement to be able to receive signals from the Astra 2E. parabol.JPG

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Ah yes, that looks like a typical Swedish mount into timber works! Erm... I'd be very cautious about putting the 1.2m Gibby on that. It will be very exposed above the gutter and I am not sure how strong the mount is to hold it. Does the pole go into the ground? I see there's a join at the bottom of the picture.

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The pole does not go into ground. The pole and the dish were left behind by the previous owners of our current house. I just recently bought a TV and installed the dish. Do you think it should be sufficient if I replace the top mount with something sturdier and the pole with one that is 50 mm in diametre? It is mounted on top of a fairly low building (the current dish is about 3 m above ground) next to our house so it is not extremely exposed.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The whole set up doesn't *look* very strong for something as heavy as a 1.25m dish. The dish itself is aluminium and isn't overly heavy - it's the mounting gear, which is steel, on the the back of the dish that makes it heavy.

I would seriously consider ground mounting it. In Sweden, 28e should be relatively high in the sky so it shouldn't cause too many issues not having the dish high up above the ground.

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It is actually quite difficult to find a spot on my property with clear sight towards 28 E. I live in a forest and I used an application (satellite locator) that I downloaded to my smartphone to find this spot. The signal comes in between two tall spruces. Since I can receive UK spot on Astra 1N with my little dish, I think that I have succeeded with the location. However, there is one location, about 50 m away from my house where I could install it on the ground. It is on the other side of my house so I would be happy if I could avoid it.

If the signal strength from 2E is on par with or higher than from 2F, maybe I should consider Gibertini 100 or Triax 110? Shouldn't an upgrade to my current installation on the roof be enough for any those satellite dishes? I assume that they are lighter since they are suited for the use of 38 mm poles according to data from the suppliers. The Triax 110 has successfully been used for the 2F UK spot beam only 25 km away from where I live.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Triax is also a relatively heavy dish but nowhere near as bad as the 1.25m Gibby. It's also an absolute pain to adjust due to a horrible elevation adjustment mechanism but once up, it's a good performer.

If you are keen on putting the dish up where it is now then do this. Get a scaffold pole 50mm in diameter (at least) and make sure it's long enough to go into the ground. In the ground, dig a hole at least 60cm deep and just as wide, put a couple of bolts through the bottom of the pole to stop it rotating, put the pole in the hole and bury it with some concrete.

Next, get some spider leg wall brackets - a bit like yours in the middle of the picture but with a third leg at the bottom, a bit like the one on the left .

30cm-A-Brackets-Galvanised.jpg

Get a couple of these and add them to support the pole on the wall. Make sure that the bolts holding the brackets to the wall are secure - perhaps from the other side of the wall if you have access to that. That *should* hold the Gibby dish.... but don't hold me responsible if it all comes crashing down!

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for helping me Captain Jack. I will make sure that the installation is significantly upgraded. Maybe I will settle for one of the 1-1.1 m dishes that I mentioned, I will make my decision once the Astra 2E is taken into service. However, I am preparing myself for the need of fairly large dish. I think the 1.25 m Gibertini seems to be such a beautiful and high quality dish at a reasonable price.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You won't go wrong with the Gibby 1.25m - it's a lovely dish and a great performer.

Michael87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein CAS 120 (1.2m) 19.2E/28.2E Multifeed
My Location
Munich/Germany
Always make sure your dish is properly grounded. Here in Germany we have strict laws for that.

You do not wanna see your house burn down and/or family members die because of a bad dish installation.

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
Unfortunately I am in possession of a Gibertini 130 ( discontinued ) probably because of the poor quality of the product, but as a reference, is identical to the OP125 which continues to sell today.
Personally I say the same, minimum 60mm , 50mm I see small, but could be worth if you do not have strong wind in the area or is protected from the winds, in any case, get rid of those clamps morning I shot some photos which have so you can get an idea .

The back support weight 8KG , other 8Kgs plate ( despite what ) is made of sheet steel.
I do not recall the extent of the support, the change of site and I had to put one more long, of course, is fatter .
In some people it is easier to buy 50/60mm steel pipe for heating / water , the length you need.
You should raise/put one meter more support or give the house roof antenna or LNB bracket .
If you can not put a fatter support, a trick is to put 2 masts parallel with flanges attached to the mast, every meter or so to have stiff or drill and nut tornilla joining the 2 masts.
BRL.jpg

The issue of ground to be made of wood , it would have very serious consideration.
Sorry for the translation.

-------------------------------------
Por desgracia soy poseedor de una Gibertini 130 (descatalogada) seguramente por la mala calidad del producto, pero como referencia, es identica a la OP125 que se continua vendiendo hoy en dia.

Personalmente te digo lo mismo, minimo 60mm, 50mm lo veo pequeño, pero podria valer si no tienes fuertes viento en la zona o esta protegida de los vientos, en todo caso, olvidate de esas sujecciones, mañana le tiro unas fotos a la que tengo para que puedas hacerte una idea.
El soporte trasero pesa 8KG, el plato otros 8Kgs (lo pese) es de chapa de acero.
No recuerdo la medida del soporte, la cambie de sitio y tuve que poner uno mas largo y claro, es mas gordo.
En algunos pueblos es mas facil comprar tuberia de acero de 50/60mm para calefaccion/agua, de la longitud que necesites.
Tendrias que levantar/poner 1 metro mas de soporte o dara en el tejado de la casa la antena o el soporte del LNB.
Si no puedes poner un soporte mas gordo, un truco es poner 2 mastiles en paralelo unidos con bridas para mástil, cada metros o menos para tener rigidez, o taladro con tornilla y tuerca uniendo los 2 mastiles.
El tema de la toma de tierra al ser de madera, lo tendria muy muy en cuenta.
Perdon por la traduccion

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
First , excuse the translations .This is the OP130 model, not sold, but has almost the same measurements you want.Holm got to be more than 75cm from the roof or on the roof give the initial tube use was 60mm , the other longer , go to 75mm .
When the mountain to see action , install it on a stand 40mm I have for evidence and truth is a joke , remember that a 40mm tube with weight 18kgs is flexible, in days of wind will move much .In photo 3 you see a piece marked as OK ( in red) , it is essential that you stop at the end of the used tube , given the weight antenna slide down the tube if you do not have that piece, if long press on the screws so that not pass, the tube used or depart screws deform .
As commented this antenna no longer sold, the default is that it has the focus well designed and can move the LNB almost 10cm where it was installed without loss of signal, is facing Astra19Este to see some German satellites who asked 150cm antenna by Madrid, tuned to 100% could see the defect.It has a tad more gain than the 94cm antenna I have, but for a DreamBox7020 tuner ( deaf ) just enough to run in 2000-2005.
When you have set to 100% the antenna , check if remedy the defect that said, I always have the idea of turning it into Gregorian , but never encouraged me . tubo de 60cm de acero/fontaneria.
tubo de 60cm de acero/fontaneria. ">Buy a mast 40mm are normal, but is flexible to the weight , if you do not find wider == > 60cm steel pipe / plumbing .
Do not forget modifficar support, a good base of concrete separated more than 50cm from the wall, a tube of 60/75mm is not a bad idea/solution.
You can not get water to the tube / holder, sealed with foam insulation or in this case having drain.

Remember the earth.
-----------------
Lo primero, disculpa la traduccion.
Este es el modelo OP130, ya no se vende, pero tiene casi las mismas medidas de la que quieres.
Tiene que estar por encina del tejado mas de 75cm o dara en el tejado, el tubo inicial que use fue de 60mm, por otro mas largo, pase a 75mm.
Cuando la monte para ver medidas, la instale en un soporte de 40mm que tengo para pruebas y la verdad, queda como un chiste, recuerda que un tubo de 40mm con los 18kgs de peso es flexible, en dias de viento se movera mucho.
En la foto 3 ves una pieza marcada como OK (en rojo), es fundamental que realice tope en el final del tubo usado, dado el peso la antena se deslizara por el tubo si no tiene esa pieza, si aprietas mucho los tornillos para que no pase, se deformara el tubo usado o partiran los tornillos.
Como comento esta antena ya no la venden, el defecto es que no tiene el punto focal bien diseñado y puedes mover el LNB casi 10cm de donde esta instalado sin perdida de señal, esta orientada al Astra19Este para ver unos satelites alemanes que pedian 150cm de antena por Madrid, afinada al 100% se podia ver el defecto.
Tiene un pelin mas de ganancia que la antena de 94cm que tengo, pero para un sintonizador DreamBox7020 (son sordos) lo justo para funcionar en 2000-2005.
Cuando tengas ajustada al 100% la antena, revisa si solucionaron el defecto que comento, siempre tengo la idea de convertirla en Gregoriana, pero nunca me animo.
Compra un mastil de 40mm son normales, pero es flexible al peso, si no lo encuentras mas ancho ==> tubo de 60cm de acero/fontaneria.
No olvides modifficar el soporte, una buena peana de hormigon separado mas de 50cm de la pared, con un tubo de 60/75mm no es mala idea/solucion.
No puede entrar agua al tubo/soporte, sellar con espuma de aislamiento o en este caso que tenga desague.
Recuerda la toma de tierra.

Attachments

• Giber_5.JPG
    Giber_5.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Giber_1.JPG
    Giber_1.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 427
  • Giber_2.JPG
    Giber_2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 930
  • Giber_3.JPG