Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As fans of the police box time travelling doctor will know there is a big anniversary coming up in November. Fot those of you that dont know, it will be 60 years from the first episode going on air. We had 9 recoveries announced back in 2013 for the 50th anniversary so will there be more for the 60th??

Well there are some very interesting rumours going round that another 8 or 9 may have been recovered.

Are they true? Well as stated its currently only a rumour. Until the news is officially released its nothing more than speculation & hearsay

What do I think? Well Im pretty sure any recoveries from the last few years will have been held back for a big announcement for the 60th anniversary. Its fairly well established there are (were?) up to half a dozen missing episodes held in private hands so have negotiations enabled some of these to be recovered??

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Did his their PhD ever materialise or has that been lost for the 70th ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That must be a comment from the Jodie Whittacker era. Ive refused to watch any of her stories. No disrespect to Jodie - Im sure shes a fine actress but Im not watching stories where the title character was only chosen for political correctness & to please the woke generation.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I viewed a few episiodes, but quickly stopped watching. It wasn't all Jodie's fault, it was the posse, they gave her, instead of an assistant, as they seemed to want to represent every age, nationality, and other criteria, possible.
It was a very poor series, not only the episodes, I saw, but they changed the origin, of the Doctor, as he wasn't born on Galifrey, instead he/she, as they were originally a girl, lost, and found by a Galifreyan scientist, or something like that, who noticed that when she died, she re-generated, and tried to find out how. This was how the time lords got their ability to re-generate. The Doctor now seems to be able to live forever, as there doesn't seem to be a limit, to her re-generations.

I couldn't stand Jodie Whittaker's voice/accent, nor the character they had her portray, but the worst of all was the number of companions, she ended up with.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I'll watch the David Tennant specials to see how badly they have wrecked NuWho with all the PC guff & rewriting of the Doctors history, but Im not hopeful fot the next guy. As an established figure in the Doctors history, DT has some clout as to how things should go.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I'll watch the David Tennant specials to see how badly they have wrecked NuWho with all the PC guff & rewriting of the Doctors history, but Im not hopeful fot the next guy. As an established figure in the Doctors history, DT has some clout as to how things should go.

I believe Eccleston attempted to rein in the scripts within the RTD (Rainbow Time Distorted) Who canon, and was cancelled for a number of years. Tennant will have had additions made to any working contract to ensure he stays in line.