HD with T-Rex CAM using SD box ?

DigitalDelboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV, DVBViewer, etc.
My Location
South UK
Currently I have a T-Rex cam (Predasaur) that I use to view Sky HD on my PC via a FireDTV box. I obviously have a Sky HD sub and I also have a Sky HD set-top box for when viewing on TV.

Now, I also have another TV setup with a standard SD sub using an old Amstrad box, not plus, not HD, just bog standard, it is using the multiroom sub. Now if I were to add a Sky HD sub to this card, and were to use the Amstrad box serial number with DVBViewer on my PC, would it be okay for HD ? Or would I need another HD Sky box serial number ? The reason for this is so I don't have to keep removing the primary card out of my main TV viewing box.

So to cut a long story short, will a old standard sky box serial number with a Sky HD sub card work for HD channels on my PC ?

Thanks upfront !!

netzerand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox,technomate motorised dish
My Location
s.wales
if i read it right no. The box you use must be able to receive the hd signal.

netzerand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox,technomate motorised dish
My Location
s.wales
sorry i did'nt read it right. have you tried using the serial numbers.

DigitalDelboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV, DVBViewer, etc.
My Location
South UK
I don't currently have a HD sub on my multiroon, I didn't want to order it only to find it didn't work. My main card works fine on my PC, but that is paired with a Sky HD box. I want to pair my multiroom card (currently with a SD Sky box) to my T-Rex CAM.