Help, Confused!

claireesp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bigsat
My Location
spain, rojales, Alicante
Can anyone give me some advise, we live in spain on Costa Blanca just north of Torrevieja (south of Alicante), I know that we are in the worst area possible for reception!
My Husband has a BIGSAT S100 box and also a BOSTON box, with a 1.10 mtr dish.
He has all the channels on Nilesat/Hotbird Astra 1 &3 etc.
I have tried to install the channels on Astra 2abd, I get the full list of all the FTA channels that I dont want to watch! and I have managed to get the Channel 4, more 4 E4 etc which are all encryped and also the TT on4 which reading the forums seems to broadcast channel4.
What I want to get is BBC1 and ITV1, anyone able to help, bearing in mind I a complete novice so dummy explanations needed!

Muad'Dib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo's 60, SF75, 90, 120 (motorized),
Triax Unique MF,
DVB-S2 cards
My Location
Germany
If you have only the crypted channel 4 then obviously your reception material (dish size) is too small............

G

Unfortunately you will need a bigger Dish to get BBC, ITV and most of the Channel 4 family and Five.

These Channels on Astra 2D are on a beam focussed primarily on the UK and Republic of Ireland.

Most of the stuff you are getting is from Astra 2A, B and Eurobird, which are more or less pan-European in coverage and relatively easy for you to get.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome claireesp,

We see this question come up regually and most of the answers are within this Astra 2D Fringe reception & Tech section, you just need to search.

For Astra 2d reception in that region of CB, depending on dish type/manufacture & LNb you will require around a 1.9M to 2.4M dish and then you may struggle with some transponders/channels still ie. BBC2.