help for scanning 2 sats via Diseqc

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
I use to have one dish for hotbird only, and now I installed a new dish with 2 LNB’s (one for Hotbird 13 and one for Astra 19,2) for 4 tv’s via DiSeqc. The problem is that I can not scan both satellites in all my sets. When I connect one lnb directly to DB there is no problem but when I put it via dyseqc I can not get all services from both satellites. It seems that the dreamboxes don’t accept both if them.
Could somebody help me??
thank you

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What settings have you used in the receiver? We need a bit more information.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @karibu,

First you need an up-to-date copy of satellites.xml, which contains transponder data for both satellites.
Next you must setup the Dreambox to use the DiSEqC switch:
On the Dreambox Remote Control...press Menu...select 6, Setup...select 2, Service Searching...select 1, Satellite Configuration...select Dropdown...select 2 Satellites Via DiSEqC A/B...select Save (or press Green button)...select Satellite 1 (say 13E)...select Satellite 2 (say 19.2E)...select Save...exit to Service Searching menu...select 6, Automatic Multisat Scan...highlight Sat 1 (13E)...press OK, to select...highlight Sat 2 (19.2E)...press OK, to select this also...press Green to start the scan (13E first then immediately followed by 19.2E).

These operations are for a Gemini 4.70 image but must be similar for other images.

Hope this helps?

Best wishes, John.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
hello John
Thank you for your reply with full info
I did all that but still im having trable
Something else i moved one Db and connected it to other tv and the image is not clean.. the letters have a shade and the image is not clean
best wishes too
Kb

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @karibu,

Your second problem sounds like a faulty SCART cable or an incorrectly terminated SCART connection. Try a known good SCART cable. If you are using a SCART switch box or splitter to connect more than one TV to a Dreambox then this can cause a mis-termination of the 75 ohm video output, giving reflections within the cable that will appear as indistinct edges to objects in the picture you are viewing. Any box used to feed more than one TV from a STB should contain a video amplifier and splitter to avoid mis-matching the video output.

You will have to be more specific with your remaining DiSEqC problems, before anyone can give any further help.

Best wishes, John.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
I'll Try again an update of satelite.xml that may be the problem because i haven't use this dbox for more than a year.
I'll try another scart too. i.m using one scart direclty to the tv. I just spoke to a friend hwo has good experience with dboxes he said I should update the firmware to a newer vertion and the image will get clean. this is donne aotomaticly through the internet. what do you think?
Thank you
Best
Kb

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @karibu,

Not sure what you mean about an internet firmware update :confused!
Normally you would use something like Flashwizard or Dreamup to install new firmware or the good old fashioned rootcramfs method.

If you can see both satellites in the above DiSEqC setup procedure, then you must have at least some transponders from both satellites in you current satellites.xml. If you can only see one satellite in the setup then satellites.xml will need to be updated.

What image is currently installed in the Dreambox?

Best wishes, John.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
gemini with cccam

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
karibu said:
I use to have one dish for hotbird only, and now I installed a new dish with 2 LNB’s (one for Hotbird 13 and one for Astra 19,2) for 4 tv’s via DiSeqc.

Just to check:-

You have three separate LNBs in total, connected to a 4 way DiSEqC 1.0/2.0 switch ?

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
no I replaced the small dish with a larger and actualy getting the 2 sats on the larger one (2LNB's for 4 Tv's via Diseqc)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ahh yes, sorry missed that. So you have 2xQUAD LNBs, 4 x 2 way DiSEqC switches and 4 x Dreamboxes?

You also say that you cant' scan both satellites in all your sets?, so does it work on some sets?

Also you say that you can't get all services from both satellites? So can you get some services from each, or all from one and not the other, or some from one and not the other?

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
I still have the problem that the image is not clean and the letters have shades. I tried other scart cables but nothing ..

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @karibu,

If that problem is with just one TV and not all and you have tried different SCART leads and you do not have a video splitter box, then it sounds like a fault with the SCART input to the TV.
How does that Dreambox perform if connected to a different TV?

Best wishes, John.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
hi John
thank you for your help
I still have 2 problems hope you can help me?:
1. I have one dish with 2 Lnb's via Dyseqc for 2 satelites (hotbird 13 and astra 19) I can not get all the services on astra. I only get 663 services. and some services are ok during the day and late afternoon I'm losing them. I did create a satellite.xml in bleu panel/extra setings to update it. then I scanned the sats. do i got to domethjing more?
2. the second problem is that one of my 2 db 500 the image is not clean.. the letters have a shade and the image is not clean I tried another scart but still same situation.I have gemini 4.1.0. with cccam 2.1.3
thank you again

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
karibu said:
hi John
I only get 663 services. and some services are ok during the day and late afternoon I'm losing them.

Whats missing? For starters officially Astra 1H doesnt cover Greece so you can might find the channels on that one come and go.

Or your dish setup may need tweaking.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
thank you for your reply
I dont think is a matter of dish because i have one dish with 2 lnb's and when i connect the Astra lnb directly to the db (not via Dyseqc) all services are scanned ok.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @karibou,

@Analoguesat could be correct. If the signal level is marginal, then the extra small amount of loss through the DiSEqC switch could make the difference on the weakest channels.

Double click the Info button on Dreambox remote control to bring up the channel info panel (keep clicking Info rapidly until it brings up the channel info panel). Then two clicks of right arrow to view the signal quality info. If you have anything other than a steady 0 (zero) in the BER indicator then the signal is weak and even if it is viewable at present, you will lose it at times.

As far as the fringing/shadowing on the picture is concerned, it definitely sounds like a mis-termination. What happens if you swap the two Dreamboxes? Does it move with the Dreambox or stay with the TV? That will surely give a clue as to where the problem is.

Best wishes, John.

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
ThNK YOU FOR your reply
Yes the signal is weak for those services BER is not a zero steady for astra chanels mainly.
Refering to the fact that the image is not clean I will try to swich them today Ill be back to you
Thank you again
I also have a problem with my other db7020, I will post in relevant paragraph
Thanks

karibu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Greece
Hello John
I did puit the other db 500 there and the image is far better connected on the same cables.
the specifice db gives image with shadows and not clean.
what shall i do?
thank you