Not open for further replies.

Parth Trivedi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SR-B1
My Location
Leicester, UK
Hey guys,

I am a total noob regarding satellite TV.
Let me tell you about my setup, I have a dish located on top of my house( not sure which one)
and I have a SR-B1 Box and a RS 232 wire.

No currently I can just see random numbers on screen, I took it to a guy at city center he said he will charge 65 quid to update the software and after that I will be able to see all the Indian channels again.

Now my question is, can someone please point out a newbie-proof guide that I can follow to update the software(Im assuming firmware) myself.

I may be a total rookie in the SAT area, however I have good knowledge about computers in general and a good name on toms.

Also since I dont have any idea, I don't even know if this is the right section to post this, So I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section.

Thanking you all in anticipation

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah you are using a receiver set up for what is known as an illegal "card share system". And you have discovered the main problem with these - they have a tendency to go off.

Now you are in the UK & you are asking a UK based forum to help you break the law - not going to happen. The forum will not give you any help with this particular matter as we believe that the pay tv providers have a right to their legitimate subscription income.

Also the staff here do not want to be questioned by the very expensive lawyers that the tv companies can hire just so you can get some cheap tv.

So the only help we can give you is to say " buy the appropriate legitimate subscription for your desired channels". I will now close this topic as its not appropriate for the forum. Please dont raise this particular problems again, although we will of course be pleased to help with other aspects of satellite tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.