Help needed with contact form on my website

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
In the last seven days we have gone with no email enquiries from hundreds of views to our website. This is odd as we usually have around 60 a day at least.

Enquiries.

As a test I sent some messages from the website contact form which had been working successfully for four years. None of the messages I sent were delivered to the incoming email address. :(

So I have removed the contact form and now in the meantime am asking customers to contact us via a direct email address shown on the website.

My question is, those messages sent from the website from visitors and myself, what happened to them. Are they being stored anywhere and can they be retrieved.

This is the form's script. Thanks.

Code:
<p><script src="http://cdn.jotfor.ms/static/jotform.js?3.1.770" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">
   JotForm.init(function(){
      JotForm.highlightInputs = false;
   });
</script></p>

<form accept-charset="utf-8" action="Incomplete Values" class="jotform-form" id="31644063948358" method="post" name="form_31644063948358"><input name="formID" type="hidden" value="31644063948358" />
                                    <div class="form-all">
                                    <ul class="form-section">
                                        <li class="form-line" id="id_1"><label class="form-label-top" for="input_1" id="label_1">Full Name<span class="form-required">*</span> </label>

<div class="form-input-wide" id="cid_1"><input class="form-textbox validate[required]" data-type="input-textbox" id="input_1" name="q1_fullName" size="25" type="text" /></div>
                                        </li>
                                        <li class="form-line" id="id_2"><label class="form-label-top" for="input_2" id="label_2">Email Address<span class="form-required">*</span> </label>
                                        <div class="form-input-wide" id="cid_2"><input class="form-textbox validate[required]" data-type="input-textbox" id="input_2" name="q2_emailAddress2" size="25" type="text" /></div>
                                        </li>

</li>
                                        <li class="form-line" id="id_13"><label class="form-label-top" for="input_13" id="label_13">Tell us what kind of system you require<span class="form-required">*</span> </label>
                                        <div class="form-input-wide" id="cid_13"><textarea class="form-textarea validate[required]" cols="20" id="input_13" name="q13_tellUs13" rows="3"></textarea></div>
                                        </li>
                                        <li class="form-line" id="id_14">
                                        <div class="form-input-wide" id="cid_14">
                                        <div class="form-buttons-wrapper" style="text-align:left"><button class="form-submit-button form-submit-button-simple_white" id="input_14" type="submit">Submit</button></div>
                                        </div>
                                        </li>
                                        <li style="display:none">Should be Empty: <input name="website" type="text" value="" /></li>
                                    </ul>
                                    </div>
                                    <input id="simple_spc" name="simple_spc" type="hidden" value="31644063948358" /> <script type="text/javascript">
  document.getElementById("si" + "mple" + "_spc").value = "31644063948358-31644063948358";
  </script></form>

Last edited by a moderator:

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
The form is not complete. There is not <action> tag which will tell you the next step after the input fields have been filled and the submit button is pressed. The action could be in a different file. Or (I suppose we are talking about PHP) in a different line of the page altogether. Also, theremight be more than one form (name="form_31644063948358") with this name or ID.

Anyway, actions usually are commands to send an email or to hand the inputs over to another script, which couls be java or any other language since the inputs will be in the local memory until the page is closed or the session time out has passed.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Has your host recently had an upgrade or changed/blocked sendmail?

I don't recommend printing an email on site, it can be machine read and spammed, I'd add a jpeg with the email on but even those can be machine read now

You could add a Google form to the site while you get to the bottom of it Google Forms - create and analyze surveys, for free.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Perhaps their hair grew back ?