Help with Hacksat and Satan keys

Addidas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox connected to dish
My Location
England
Hi all,

I have installed both hacksat and satan keys on my DM800 (Clone) but cannot get any encrypted channel. I'm using it with my old white sky card and tring to view channels that are not on 28.2E. I have changed the attributes of hacksat to 755. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need another card?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Addidas

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which packages are you expecting to watch?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There's so little open with key bundles now, you'd be better off sticking with your subs cards.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @Addidas,

As has already been said, there is very little open with keys at the moment. Occasionally packages or a few channels are open for a while (as little as a day to as much as several weeks) but little for regular viewing. ORF on 19E is one of the few packages open with keys at the mo.

I have always found the Demonisat key updater to be better than Satan or Hacksat:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-support-forum/144906-hacksat-vs-satan.html#post818656
It downloads and installs the latest Antr@g keys.

As far as which EMU to use with keys, I find the latest CCcam (CCcam2.2.1) to be best. Although the other EMUs may be OK for CS or other uses, I find that CCcam is best for use with key files.

So......If you install the Demonisat updater and CCcam2.2.1.....run the Updater to install the latest keys....start or restart CCcam2.2.1....select an ORF channel on 19E....it should open. If it does not then something is wrong otherwise, you've got what you'll get!

Keep an eye on:
_http://www.digital-target.org/upload/filemanager.php?PHPSESSID=2f9d454c29af4e946b47c16404aaddd1
to see what should be open with keys.

BTW; When opening channels with keys, no card is necessary at all. I have no card. I view whatever is open with keys on 13E/19E and FTA on 13/19/28.

Best wishes, John.

Addidas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox connected to dish
My Location
England
Many thanks that is very handy. I guess my best bet will be to go for a subs card or subscribe to a server for uninterrupted viewing.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No guarantee with a server as they are taken down all the time the only guaranteed way of viewing is a genuine subscription

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Addidas said:
Many thanks that is very handy. I guess my best bet will be to go for a subs card or subscribe to a server for uninterrupted viewing.

Only a fool buys access to a pay server. If it gets busted you wont get any sympathy on this forum :D