hi guys , i still got this doubt to clear about hidden ip address ,,,,pls help,

rob70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat at 13 degree east and astra at 28.2.
My Location
uk
1),,,,,say for example am connected to broadband in the uk on a laptop, if i take my pc abroad , even if i can manage to hide the local ip address at remote location, how could I carry my uk ip address whilst abroad?? say if i need to watch a software (i.e. ZAtto tv) that can only detect and work with uk based ip addresses, how then can i show my uk IP on my pc if am abroad and ...in other words,,, 'foul them'.. ??

2) excuse the silly Q , but by saying 'what browser do I use' what do we exactly mean , by browser?? does it refer to,,say ... internet explorer or mozilla or safari, etc,??
thanks in advance for ur kindness
rob

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rob70 said:
1),,,,,say for example am connected to broadband in the uk on a laptop, if i take my pc abroad , even if i can manage to hide the local ip address at remote location, how could I carry my uk ip address whilst abroad?? say if i need to watch a software (i.e. ZAtto tv) that can only detect and work with uk based ip addresses, how then can i show my uk IP on my pc if am abroad and ...in other words,,, 'foul them'.. ??

I am not aware of a way of achieving that

rob70 said:
2) excuse the silly Q , but by saying 'what browser do I use' what do we exactly mean , by browser?? does it refer to,,say ... internet explorer or mozilla or safari, etc,??
thanks in advance for ur kindness
rob

Firofox 3.5 has a private browser function

Tools
Start private browsing

or CTRL SHIFT P

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
rob70 said:
You cant take your UK IP address with you. The way to do what you want is to use a UK based proxy server to connect to the IP TV service.

You'll probably have to pay for the privilage of using a decent proxy, I've not seen any free one's that have the will allow you to use the amount of bandwidth required to stream video.