hivion hv-9090x

AllStarMomo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hivion HV-9090x
My Location
Austria
Hi guys,
I have a hivion hv 9090x receiver and i wanted to know why i have to update it? What does change with an update?
Other thing is that there was a card in my receiver. For what is it? What can i do with it?
Ty for ur help! I am really new here and i dont know anything about receivers!
TY!!!

alainc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Aston Simba HD and some others.
Dish 2.00 m Hotbird 13°
My Location
saudi arabia
Hi AllStarMomo,
Hivion 9090x was the most common SD receiver used in Middle-Eastfrom 2009 to end of 2010. Normally you don't need to update it.
If there is a card inside, this one could be official one (i.e BIS-TV) or clone (fun, Gold...).
Actually a lot of bouquet providers are changing from SD to HD channels and increasing encoding level.
If channels you watch before are now no more available, take a look for an HD receiver with PCMIA for the official card.
Hope it's help

AllStarMomo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hivion HV-9090x
My Location
Austria
Hi
Ty for ur answer!
I have heard that there are "key-files" for what are these?
TY!

alainc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Aston Simba HD and some others.
Dish 2.00 m Hotbird 13°
My Location
saudi arabia
Hi,
for not Free To Air channels, there is encoding, sometimes hackers find temporary keys to uncrypt those channels.
But on this forum we can't tell more about those files.
Hope it's help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For a receiver to work with key files, it also needs modified software with built in emulators. Not sure whether there is modified software for the Hivion and even if there is, there is next to nothing available via that method.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
In my experience, the Hivion as sold in the Middle east would already come with modified software; updates used to be found at _http://hv-softwares.ifrance.com/

However, I don't know the current state of play as my Hivion 9090 on the very rare occasions that i do use it is predominantly for FTA channels now.

This local thread may also be of help http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ion/72528-how-update-hivion-9090x-please.html

Also general forum search for hivion http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...&siteurl=www.satellites.co.uk%2Fforums%2F#874