How do I get my pc monitor to go brighter?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Just possibly, it might also be the tripler on the way out, about to fail ....

The point is, don't touch the extra high voltage stuff around a crt, unless you know exactly what you're doing. Highly dangerous.

Beam current also affects the "soft" x rays, given out at back of tube, low level and no way a hazard, but on the other hand not something to "tinker" with!

Feel free to twiddle your own knob, but leave those inside tv sets stricty alone .....

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
The monitor is working perfectly well, and to some people it might not be a problem, but to me it is because I sometimes edit movies with this and the playback on dvd can be really dark. It's just the max 100 is more like 70. Ggrrrr.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
I have the same same problem, I think that the darkness is a result of the video compression, but I believe that some video cards can normalise the video. There may be video normalising software available, but I haven't found any. Any suggestions anyone..................

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Just get yourself to a computer fair and buy a cheap 2nd hand CRT (Compaq S710 if you can, damned good monitor, I have 2 at home and use 1 at work), they last a hell of a lot longer than TFT's do and don't break as easily.... :D

Also, have you tried adjusting the contrast on your monitor? That sometimes can affect how bright the screen looks...

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
OK, saturlight, I'll ask the Q again in a way that you might answer :D

On this maximum brightness setting - when there is black on the screen - is it really black or a shade of grey?

Why? Well, your Q wasn't about video cards, Plug and play, Contrast, Dounuts or anything else. Your problem was about the 'brightness' correct?

Contrast is something entirely different.