Status
Not open for further replies.

yesfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS2, SS2 HD, DM800, Titanium LNB, Triax TD88, TM2600 motor, SkyHD multiroom
My Location
UK
Managed to connect to CCcam on DM now and can see client in CCcam on server but still shows 0 cards?

Have read it might be better to have separate newcs and cccam servers? I currently have newcs and cccam running on the same server. I am also testing over lan and not externally via dns, would this make a difference, cant see how as the N line works perfectly. As the newcs and cccam are on the same system they are connected using 127.0.0.1 and the DM connects to the server via the server ip. I also tried it in reverse with the DM (DM clears with card in internal slot no probs) as the card host and the server as the client and showed 0 cards this way too.

Also I am using rc.local to auto run newcs and cccam when the server starts rather than having to telnet and execute a file to start them. For those who dont know how to do it:

cd /etc

sudo nano rc.local

Then enter the path to to your newcs file first, in this thread it is newcs_167 as explained in the tutorial at the beginning. Then enter the path to CCcam.x86. Put these commands directly above "exit 0" save with ctrl o, enter and ctrl x to exit. For example, the commands in my rc.local look like this:

/var/bin/newcs_167
/var/bin/CCcam.x86
exit 0

Please remember, your paths may be different

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
tomthebomb1968 said:
Hi again. I set up the pc server and let it run for about 4 or 5 days with a few Nlines to friends and family b4 I transferred my peers to the server from my dreambox.

I am no having strange problems, I think its to do with the Omnikey reader. Seems to wotk perfect and then for no apparrent reason the channels stop clearing. The OSD still shows NDS as green so its decoding ok and the ecm times for all the channels are below 0.2. If I log into Newcs management I can watch as the bad ecms log up.I have tried resetting the reader and this worked only once, restoring the picture. To get it back I have to killall newcs_167 and then resart it and away it goes again running fine till the next time. It is happening almost every day once a day.

I am actually running 2 omnikeys 1 with a new 963 and one with an old 961(might aswell use it till it runs out)
The 963 runs perfect the problem is the 961. I have just duplicated the settings for the first reader with the 963 settings for the 961 and have tried with and without boxkey and with and without updates. Doesn't seem to matter, still locks out at least once every day

Any ideas welcome

Seemed to sort itself out without any changes.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hi

having some free time and an old comp, this morning i decided to follow
B16MCC's thread ... but unfortunately got stuck very early on, as i have no experience whatsoever with this o/s (apart from my dreambox).

installation of ubuntu 9.0.4 was straight forward but that was basically it. i've installed a few FTP/telnet programs on my XP but cannot connect with the new server - i even tried to use the DCC but still no light

any help appreciated thanks alot

by the way i did somehow manage to get the omnikey recognized !!

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
sblinx said:
hi

having some free time and an old comp, this morning i decided to follow
B16MCC's thread ... but unfortunately got stuck very early on, as i have no experience whatsoever with this o/s (apart from my dreambox).

installation of ubuntu 9.0.4 was straight forward but that was basically it. i've installed a few FTP/telnet programs on my XP but cannot connect with the new server - i even tried to use the DCC but still no light

any help appreciated thanks alot

by the way i did somehow manage to get the omnikey recognized !!
I did my setup directly from the ubuntu GUI mate. Go into terminal and type the commands in. Type sudo b4 each one.

I can get into mine with DCC with the username and password that i set up for the linux o/s during initial set up of ubuntu

yesfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You can use putty and ssh to access the server also

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
gm guys
thanks for your help

i'm moving forward at a very slow pace and after alot of trying this and that. learning process in a way!
as regards the FTP/telnet programs, i'm connecting with the wired boxes and am somehow managing to tranfer files needed thru the dreambox instead of thru the lappie!

will keep u posted
thanks again

bob808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 28.2, PC with 2 DVB-s2 tuners and a DM800
My Location
Hampshire
can this keep the card alive, if so does anything specific need to be set in the server side?

I am looking to create a standalone pc server with an omnikey reader and sunset my dream 800... then connect a couple of PC's with HD sat cards using HADU - but I would like an unattended (as much as possible) setup that only needs intervention in case of problems like with my dm800 as the current cardserver in my setup.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hi all,

just a small update on my progress ... server up and running thanks for you guys and some perseverance on my part. on some occasions i was about to quit but after a good night's sleep i managed to install everything including a firewall (shorewall).

thanks again for all your help especially B16MCC

walshy5050

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm dish, tm 1500ci dm 800, diablo cam 2.3, t-rex super, 50" plazma, 42" lcd xbox 360 elite
My Location
manchester
hi can you tell me if a OMNIKEY 1021 CAC ID USB card reader will work many thanks

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
walshy5050:-

It seems there is no linux driver for this model available from the manuf. I should think that answers you're question but I couldn't be 100% certain.

walshy5050

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm dish, tm 1500ci dm 800, diablo cam 2.3, t-rex super, 50" plazma, 42" lcd xbox 360 elite
My Location
manchester

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
Same issue I had with a cardman 2112 serial reader. No linux frivers and to be honest for the price of the 3121 (~ fiver) it's not worth the hassle to re-invent the wheel. Get yourself a new one and you won't regret it

newcastleman32

Reaction score
Ahhh most excelent of posts ive come across here to study... can i ask what the minimum amout of memeory this pc with very little purpose in life must have, i read 384mb but im not sure if thats measured in old SD ram before ddr
I have a system with 215mb ddr1 which by time graphics sucks its bit im down to 192mb ddr..
im gathering this is below the 384mb requirement.???????
oh what would be the result of runnin a server on such a below spec ..????

yesfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Depends which linux distro you are going to use, if you go for ubuntu as recommended in this thread you will need 256 to 384mb dependant on which install you choose. Others have less requirements.

Also, are you going to run newcs and cccam and how many peers are you expecting to host. Ultimately it will affect the quality of service to your peers.

bob808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire
Can anyone confirm if this will keep a uk SlY card alive, or does it need to go back into the official box to update?

yesfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Currently needs to go back into your sly box to update.

bob808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire
thanks... that's prob why its all gone black for me then!

bawa.no

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
NO
father ted said:
ok good news ive got it working just fine now,found in the cfg file something that shouldnt have been there,took it out and its now working thanks for all the help guys ,watched it all last nite no freeze,no clitches ,no pixilation ,watched the daughters for over an hour tonight and it was fine too in fact it had been on all day and np

Father_ted: What exactly did you do in your CFG to get rid of freezing, also not freezing every 2-5 min??

I'm using
NewCS: 1.67
CCcam 2.1.2
Using DM 7020 with external usb reader (smargo)

kind regards
Bawa
:toke:

piptaps

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have a dreambox 500c and 1m motorised dish
My Location
westr midlands
I have just set up a clarkconnect pc server running CCcam. When i put N line from my dreambox its not showing at all. What do i need to do so that clarkconnect server see N lines as it sees C lines?

C lines from friends are being read ok but the 2 N lines i have put there are not even showing. Help good people

bob808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire
I did a clean ubuntu install last night and followed these instructions.. I also needed to download the pcsc-lite and install like Dui, but all seems to be on ok...

When running newcs or cccam I seem to have to run as sudo... I get a couple of errors if i do not use sudo first... I think reading back that this might be due to the location of newcs.xml and I missed that step... for cccam I made a folder /var/etc and put the files there... but I get errors running cccam unless I run as sudo still - think this is a permissions issue... is there a similar flag for CCcam to force it to look for its files in a specific location?

Status
Not open for further replies.