Humax Foxsat HDR + HD PVR

Aggs 66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box free to air
My Location
Brussels
Hi everyone. I live in Brussels and currently have a Skybox and watch freeview vis Astra 28. I am thinking of buying a Humax but (being a bit thick) am not sue if it will work. Any advice gratefully recieved (no pun intended!). Do I need a twin cable? Do I need a quad LNB? And I see from the ads that there is a card slot - does this meen I need to buy some sort of card? And a Happy New Year to you all.:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

A Humax HDR will require two satellite feeds from the dish so a quad or twin LNb needed. No card reqiured as it's a FTA system.

Aggs 66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box free to air
My Location
Brussels
Thanks very much. Happy New Year (hope the head's OK!)

lauriemo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
Fortec Star FS-4200
Various computers
My Location
Colchester, England
I have just started using Foxsat HDR and so far I am very pleased with it.

Ideally you do need twin LNB but to get you started you can use your existing single LNB for watching one channel whilst recording another or recording two channels simultaneously with the following restriction.

If the channel you are watching is polarized horizontally then you can only watch horizontally polarized channels.

Don,t panic!!

Although you can't see which polarization you are using, if you try to select a vertical channel, a bar sign shows at the top of the screen. The EPG also highlights (Bold text) the useable channels.

To achieve the above; plug single LNB into "Lnb1" in and use a short jump cable to connect "Lnb1 out" to "Lnb2 in"

If you select the non freesat menu structure, you can then use the card slot to view encrypted channels on whatever sat you are receiving with the exception of Sky.

Hope this helps

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
i was wondring if the tuner as good as the FOX HD ???

Aggs 66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box free to air
My Location
Brussels
Thanks Laurimo, useful to know. Aggs

G

pipino said:
i was wondring if the tuner as good as the FOX HD ???

I should be most surprised if the HDR's Tuners aren't identical to the one in the Foxsat HD.