alec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 cm Laminas dish
Inverto Black Ultra Quad
Humax HDR1010S and Foxsat HDR; Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Southwest France
After a few hours of frustratedly trying everything - including up the ladder at the LNB - I have discovered a quirk with the (otherwise excellent) Humax HDR-1010 (and maybe with the 1000).

After receiving the new box a couple of weeks ago, while running down a stock of programmes on the old Foxsat box, I set the 1010 up to test in our kitchen - where there is only one cable to the LNB.

Everything worked OK, with the usual limitations of 1 cable, until I set it up in the living room and connected both cables. Still the message "Freesat box is working on 1 cable". Tried the cables one at a time - OK, on either tuner. You can imagine the rest of the head-scratching investigations.:mad:

Eventually discovered that the only way to persuade the box to recognise that two cables are connected is to do a factory reset.

The moral of the story is - avoid using an HDR-1010 on a single cable unless you are prepared for the consequences.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's the same with the original Foxsat HDR.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Indeed, it's quite well known and IIRC even mentioned in the HDR installation booklet.