Humax "locked up"

Bulletguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR. LG 37LH3000 with LG DRT389H.
My Location
UK
I have a Humax Foxsat-HDR which was only installed yesterday. Ran perfectly until I came to attempt my first recording to hard drive using the onscreen menu.

Tried to get an actual 'start time' but it just gives me a choice of how many minutes before......and how many minutes for the 'end time'. No clue as to where and how you tell it what the actual time is, i.e begin at 1620hr and end at 1810hr etc. because it doesn't 'ask' for that!! :confused

Now the entire box appears to have 'locked up' and I cannot change channels, access menus or anything. Tried a variety of buttons to get it to move but it just seems totally stuck on one channel. Even the power off button on the remote did nothing so had to switch it off at the mains. :-ohcrap

Any idea as to whats wrong? Is it something i've done or is the box itself supect?

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9M dish dual C120 O.3 lnb with sky box and humax hdr . (28.2 East) Also 135CM dish pointed at Nilesat (7 west) BEIN Sports HD
My Location
El Saladillo, 30875,Murcia, Spain
Just a thought - at the top of your remote you have 4 white buttons. Press the far left one for the sat box. Done this a few times myself.
Phil

Bulletguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
buckshee said:
Just a thought - at the top of your remote you have 4 white buttons. Press the far left one for the sat box. Done this a few times myself.
Phil
Bang on mate.....many thanks!!! Thats sorted it. :-thumb1

I'm still 'feeling my way' around this Humax and yet to make my first recording. How do you set the time parameters for recording? For example, if I want to record a prog starting at 1800hr and finishing at 1900hr.....I can't seem to find the procedure for this. The manual gives little detail on setting up to record and the onscreen menu just gives me minutes before and after, but nowhere can I see where to put the actual time in! :confused

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9M dish dual C120 O.3 lnb with sky box and humax hdr . (28.2 East) Also 135CM dish pointed at Nilesat (7 west) BEIN Sports HD
My Location
El Saladillo, 30875,Murcia, Spain
For starter, (there´s several ways) PRESS .... GUIDE .... PRESS ... ALL CHANNELS ..... SELECT PROGRAMME .... PRESS ... OK .... PRESS .... EXIT

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It sounds like you are in non-Freesat mode. When the box was installed who did the channel scan and how?

As buckshee says, you should just be able to view the various programmes in the channels guide and not muck around with actual start and finish times.

Bulletguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
buckshee said:
For starter, (there´s several ways) PRESS .... GUIDE .... PRESS ... ALL CHANNELS ..... SELECT PROGRAMME .... PRESS ... OK .... PRESS .... EXIT
That gets me a channel.....but then how do I actually record it?

Bulletguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Only installed yesterday and set up. Professional aerial fitter did all the connections and tuning after fitting dish. The Freesat channels all work fine and I know how to switch between Humax, DVD player/rec, or Freeview via existing analogue aerial. What I am struggling with is what procedure do you go through to record a programme on the hd in the Humax? I cannot seem to locate recording start and end time.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
When you've got the channel and programme display on the EPG (electronic programme guide) in front of on the screen you can navigate around using the cursor keys which surround the OK button. When you land on a programme that you want to record press the record button, which is on the right hand side just below the MENU button; it has a small red dot on it.

If you want to record and ITV1 programme that happens to be in HD then press the OK button instead. This will then give you an oprion to record in either SD or HD.

Forget about the programme's start and finish time. The EPG will sort that out. I'ts part of what Freesat is all about.

Bulletguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
OK I think I follow that. Will have to try it. But say for example I want to record just part of a programme, i.e 30 mins from the middle of a 2 hour prog.....how does the EPG 'sort' that?

As a better example of what i'm asking. Take a VCR to do the same thing. Simple. Prog start time 1800hr.....end time 2000hr. But I only want to record the middle 30 mins so I set the vcr timer at 1845hr start and 1915hr end. Job done!

How do I replicate that with the Humax and EPG?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bulletguy said:
OK I think I follow that. Will have to try it. But say for example I want to record just part of a programme, i.e 30 mins from the middle of a 2 hour prog.....how does the EPG 'sort' that?
The simple answer is it doesn't. If you want to record part of a programme then you have to look at it the other way round.

You set the whole programme up in the EPG as laid out above and then modify the times. On the bottom row of buttons press the far left on the middle row (I can't remember what name it has as I am in work**). Then you can modify recording parameters for all your scheduled recordings by pressing (I think) the yellow button.

**EDIT I think it might say Timers or similar.
**Later EDIT it says SCHEDULE.

ICEMAN2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ALL SATELLITES, WINDOWS VISTA
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
Hi, Some of this threads info seems a little complicated so I will try to simplify it.
Firstly in FREESAT mode when pressing the GUIDE button the EPG is displayed, navigate to your desired program and press OK, you will now be asked if you want to record the same plus the series if one applies also if it is available in HD there will be the same options. Once selected the program(s) will be recorded. simples.

Hope this helps.