humax set up, and post code.

silverback-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag portable 12 volt
HP pavilion dv 9000
My Location
merseyside england
Hi all I have just bought the humax foxsat -hd and I have been trying to set it up.I have visited the web site that gives you all the co-ordinates including the obstacle table as there are high trees in my direct line and according to the table I should have cleared them but a telivision aerial installer doubts it. Also when entering the correct post code the message comes back not a valid post code ,but it is, how does this effect the set up proceedure, last question should the dish be true vertical, I would appreciate any help. Colin.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Also when entering the correct post code the message comes back not a valid post code ,but it is, how does this effect the set up procedure

Find a close enough postcode for your area. This relates to the BBC/ITV regions listed on the EPG :)

Maybe a little more info required regarding the set up.

silverback-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag portable 12 volt
HP pavilion dv 9000
My Location
merseyside england
my location is a caravan site in Formby Merseyside I have taken exact compass possitions on a dish with a good reception about 50 meters from mine the only difference is he has not got trees quite as high as the ones behind me, on the obstacle website I mentioned I have put in the distance of the trees and the table says the trees would have to be about 12 meters high to be in the way but my box does not locate the satellite. Colin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are attempting to align the dish by compass bearings alone, you will probably be unsuccessful Colin. You should get yourself a little satbeeper type meter, also what make of dish and LNB are you using, some pictures would be helpful.

silverback-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag portable 12 volt
HP pavilion dv 9000
My Location
merseyside england
[fieldset=Admin]Please do not link to images upload them here, I have uploaded for you[/fieldset]

Hi the dish is one that I had given to me it measures about 90cm x 60cm the LNB is a brand new Thompson quad bought off ebay, cheers Colin

Attachments

• 13052009128.jpg
    13052009128.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 51

silverback-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag portable 12 volt
HP pavilion dv 9000
My Location
merseyside england
hi my dish was given to me and it measures about 90cm x 60cm, the lnb is a brand new thompson quad bought off ebay

13052009128.jpg

silverback-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag portable 12 volt
HP pavilion dv 9000
My Location
merseyside england
dish.jpg

should the info in green be measured from the top vertical to the angle of 61 degrees

sorry if I`m doing somthing wrong the only way I know how to place a photo is with photobucket