I live in Spain,But cant access UK radio online.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
would have been nice to get a good result on this really, as it would help alot of people.

i will put this on the backburner and keep an eye out for new software releases that may help here...

maybe i could stream the radio stations through my IP for a small price :D

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Im a happy bunny now!.
Yesterday I found a chekoslovakian radio station (radio olympic) streaming 50s and 60s music 24/7at 16kbps.All original stuff,with the added bonus occasionally of (do you remember the woolworths clone 45s?) musically perfect chek clones!. Not the answer to my original post,but a more than acceptable substitute!.:)

ps. I would be interested to hear if you can receive this radio station in the UK.:)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
LOL, you don't have to suffer with 16kbps :eek:

http://www.play.cz/listen/listen.php?sh=olympic&bitrate=64

There is a 128kbps stream - but can't seen to have it :cool: If you paste the above link into your browser - an embedded player will fire-up.

You can try, of course, to change that last number in the link from 64 to 128 and give it a go. Maybe in your territory it lets you have it :)

MISC STUFF: The links below work in a separate player like Media Player Classic - but not in my WMP11 ??

UDP protocol
mmsu://netshow3.play.cz/olympic64

TCP protocol
mmst://netshow3.play.cz/olympic64

HTTP protocol
http://netshow3.play.cz/olympic64

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BarMoo said:
LOL, you don't have to suffer with 16kbps :eek:

Thanks for all that-,but I do have to!. I must have the worst Telefonica connection in Benidorm!. 31 kbps on a sunny day at best with a dial-up connection...........Some of my friends round here only manage 400kbps with ADSL..I tried the higher rate ones and they all failed miserabely. I get the 16kbps no trouble at all-no interuptions etc.-until I try to open a new web window........I cant grumble really at paying only7 euros a month for 12 hrs a day plan:) .

allend66

allend
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Costa Daurada, Catalonia, Spain
benidormgary said:
I must have the worst Telefonica connection in Benidorm!.

Gary - get yourself Ono cable. I upgraded from 1meg telefonica to 4meg cable and I pay less for it!

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
allend66 said:
Gary - get yourself Ono cable. I upgraded from 1meg telefonica to 4meg cable and I pay less for it!

Not sure what you mean!.Do you mean all the extensions I use from telefonicas first socket into my apartment?.The ones I am currently using are cheap ones from the local Chinese 100 pts shops.:-snowman

allend66

allend
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Costa Daurada, Catalonia, Spain
No, no... Ono is an ISP. they do phone, net and tv. but it's cable, not phone line. they currently have free instillation.

There's an office in barcelona, but i'd have no idea if and where there is one down south.
Merry Christmas