I need an advice

Abserskab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no advertising
My Location
USA
Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.satellites.co.uk is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Xtreme Forum Closed Temporarily" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would suggest you start by being honest with yourself and not breaking the forum rules by advertising your website in your system details. Secondly If I wanted advice about my life I would not join a satellite TV forum and first post (in the wrong place) would start asking for opinions about general life or indeed life in general. Have you no friends or relatives whom you can ask for advice? the advice you would receive here is totally different to the advice you would receive stateside since everything on your side of the pond is different to ours even your benefits system. I recommend you go sign up with a site somewhere in the states.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Topper said:
I would suggest you start by being honest with yourself and not breaking the forum rules by advertising your website in your system details. Secondly If I wanted advice about my life I would not join a satellite TV forum and first post (in the wrong place) would start asking for opinions about general life or indeed life in general. Have you no friends or relatives whom you can ask for advice? the advice you would receive here is totally different to the advice you would receive stateside since everything on your side of the pond is different to ours even your benefits system. I recommend you go sign up with a site somewhere in the states.

Booom!

Nice one Topper :D

:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
My advice, get a stable mainstream job and have the web design as a secondary job, try a job as a delivery driver, as there's plenty of things that need to be delivered everyday... :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Join the army,see the world and get paid for it. Have you ever been to Afghanistan?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
$800 for a weeks work at a desk is pretty good, especially if it can be done from home, no overheads and all that. I would seriously stick with doing what you are good at.