I think I got to the bottom of the Nabilo crashes

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
:)I think I found the reason that Nabilo, Gemini and OpenPli crashes at regular intervals. As I suspected it had to do with the EPG, but it is the 'Refresh EPG' plugin that causes the grief. During its cache cleanup cycle, it causes a memory interrupt that crashes Enigma2. Once I uninstalled it, the problem has gone away (so far). So if you have it installed, I strongly recommend that yoy uninstall it.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
:)I think I found the reason that Nabilo, Gemini and OpenPli crashes at regular intervals. As I suspected it had to do with the EPG, but it is the 'Refresh EPG' plugin that causes the grief. During its cache cleanup cycle, it causes a memory interrupt that crashes Enigma2. Once I uninstalled it, the problem has gone away (so far). So if you have it installed, I strongly recommend that yoy uninstall it.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
This is the typical scenario where reports refer to an image as "crashing", when the crash is actually caused by a plugin. Images are compiled on the CVS, which is often modified. Plugins must be udpated to match the changes applied to the CVS. Non updated plugins may cause crashes.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
This is the typical scenario where reports refer to an image as "crashing", when the crash is actually caused by a plugin. Images are compiled on the CVS, which is often modified. Plugins must be udpated to match the changes applied to the CVS. Non updated plugins may cause crashes.