My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600pvr
Andrews 1.2m Dish
12 inch Actuator
V-Box
50 Inch Sony Lcd TV
My Location
Scotland
hi there, i plan to install a 1.5m gilbertini dish with actuator but have a few questions,

1. What size actuator would you reccomend? 18'' or 24''
2. Does the dish connect to azel mount then the azel mount connect to polar mount?
3.How easy is it to connect the actuator to the polar mount? is there instructions with polar mount/dish?
4.What size pole would you advise me to fit dish onto? would I get away with a 2 inch ground stand or does it need to be 3 inch?

ive only ever fitted motek motors so any help appreciated.

regards

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Polarmounts are an all in one device, the elevation and angle are automatic once the dish is correctly set up to track the arc

3 inch is better owing to the weight of the dish and how it alters depending on motor position.

As for motor size, work out the limits or arc you can view at the location, which will detemine the maximum travel you will need.

As for instructions, they should be there in the box, and any supplier of kit like this should have the goodwill to answer all questions over the phone. Don't part with money until you have checked they are a reputable company, and dont sign for any dish of this size without fully checking the inside of all boxes beforehand.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
hibees04 said:
hi there, i plan to install a 1.5m gilbertini dish with actuator but have a few questions,

1. What size actuator would you reccomend? 18'' or 24''
2. Does the dish connect to azel mount then the azel mount connect to polar mount?
3.How easy is it to connect the actuator to the polar mount? is there instructions with polar mount/dish?
4.What size pole would you advise me to fit dish onto? would I get away with a 2 inch ground stand or does it need to be 3 inch?

ive only ever fitted motek motors so any help appreciated.

regards

1. As mentioned actuator size will depend on the travel required.
2. The polar mount attaches to the dish mount. Only installed the 100cm version polar mount which differs slightly to that for the op120/150 type.
3. You will have instructions supplied with the jack motor. The main jack body sits on one end of the polar mount and the other clamps to the moveable part of the mount.
4. 76mm (3 inch)

For set up, you'll need to adjust for the offset to your southern satellite prior to alignment. An easy task using usals software on the moteck's but will need to be accounted for on the polar mount.