iPhone 3G PAYG UK price announced

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
iPhone_3G_WWDC-218-85-200-200.jpg
UK pricing of Apple's pay as you go 3G iPhone was posted on to O2's UK website today and then promptly taken down again, but not before some eagle-eyed bloggers got a sneaky glimpse of the pricing.

It seems that if you want to purchase a contract-free 3G iPhone, you are going to cough up a pretty penny for one. An 8GB Apple iPhone 3G will cost customers £299.99, while the meatier 16GB version will be available in 02 stores for £359.99.

The package

Not only do you get an iPhone for this price, but O2 and Apple are also throwing in 6 months of unlimited WiFi hotspot access and web browsing. This is, of course, subject to 'excessive use policy'. At the end of the six months, the unlimited web browsing and WiFi access will cost users £10 a month.

As with all O2 PAYG accounts, the tariff chosen will decide the price of your calls, so buying more top-up a month means cheaper calls and vice versa.

This PAYG offer will be available until 31 December 2008.

So, £299.99 plus for a phone: is it worth spending all this money to not be tied to a contract?

mf.gif

More...

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
puh..very expensice,

here the iphone new umts version coasts on my operator ++.one.at

149€ 8 gb Version 199€ 16 gb version,you are conected to the operator 24 Month,with costs of 19-25€/month,you pay around 1200€ in 2 years,in germany the iphone on tmobile is much more expensice it costs in 2 years 2500€ :D

on this price in mount,unlimited calls,to all network are included,i have a old product,that is now gone ,from the market,it is complete unlimited to 4 networks including national lines,for only 19€ the newer one that over it yet coasts 25€ and is limited to 1000 minutes each network,after that you pay 25 cent per minute

mobile phone in austria very cheap!

prepaid,without monthly coasts costs only 3-4 cent /minute!

maybe i buy 2 iphones,but iam unsure at the moment,how hard it will be to remove the simlock on the new modell!

also the acupack,is not posible to change it,when it fault,you must send back,into the apple repair center!