Jtag erase flash done then nothing ?

garyandmike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hdci-2000 dm500s
My Location
scotland
Hi All ,
Hope someone out there can give me a hand as I seem to be getting only to the " erase flash done " when I try to Jtag my DM500s . I had a PLI jade image when it went on the blink .I bought a cable and got software from insaneware.de .It shows as an ALPS tunner but does not move on to 0% on screen just , erase flash done .Hope someone can help as it has been great up till now and I would not like to loose my old friend and apart from that I am skint . Thanks All .

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello

Welcome to the forum garyandmike

Well I am not a dreambox owner but it sound to me as if you are mixing up jtagging and flash erasing. Jtaging you do by soldering connectors to your mother board flashing using a null modem cable seems to be the process you are trying to carry out. I recommnd you read the idiots guide then we do not have to re-invent the wheel

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/170056-all-stickies.html

garyandmike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hdci-2000 dm500s
My Location
scotland
Maybe I did not explain myself very well .I have purchased and soldered a Jtag cable and downloaded the software .What happens when I run the software is that it stops running in DOS saying "flash erase done " it does not go onto a precentage count on screen it just stops . I mentioned the PLI jade image just to let people know that I had erased and reflashed the pli jade image using the null cable so that had been tried .I think it is a bootloader problem so I need to Jtag and restore the bootloader ,is there something I can do to get the software to finish reflashing the bootloader .I dont think the answer is in the idiots guide perhaps you could verify that .Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
As I said I cannot I am not a dreamer

garyandmike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hdci-2000 dm500s
My Location
scotland
Thanks anyway I am sure someone who knows about dreamboxes will help . Cheers

stevo1555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800s
My Location
Hertfordshire
I have exactly the same problem mine to from a PLI Jade image, have you managed to find a solution?