Lost Freesat in France

Barleymow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, mono lnb, receiving BBC FTA channels from Astra 28E
My Location
Central France
Help! I'm new to this so I'm hoping I'm in the right place. We have been watching the BBC,ITV FTA channels for years in central France from Astra 28E with an Axil receiver bought in Bricodepot. On Monday night the gales here knocked the dish out of alignment and althought we have put it back and have 80% quality and intensity we have a blank black screen. We have pictures and sound on other foreign channels on the same satellite but no BBC or ITV. Does anyone know why????

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Barleymow said:
Help! I'm new to this so I'm hoping I'm in the right place. We have been watching the BBC,ITV FTA channels for years in central France from Astra 28E with an Axil receiver bought in Bricodepot. On Monday night the gales here knocked the dish out of alignment and althought we have put it back and have 80% quality and intensity we have a blank black screen. We have pictures and sound on other foreign channels on the same satellite but no BBC or ITV. Does anyone know why????

I suspect you have realigned to another satellite altogether, it is an easy mistake to make. What foreign channels are you receiving???? 28.2East is mainly for English programming, i.e. freesat and sky. I think you may be receiving channels on the same frequencies that are stored in your stb but from a different satellite which makes you think you are on the correct satellite

Barleymow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, mono lnb, receiving BBC FTA channels from Astra 28E
My Location
Central France
Just wanted to say thank you as you were correct, we were pointing the dish slightly in the wrong direction.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Barleymow said:
Just wanted to say thank you as you were correct, we were pointing the dish slightly in the wrong direction.

Your are most welcome I'm glad you got sorted:-clap