monoblock on 70cm raven

tesy

My Satellite Setup
raven 70cm dish for 19.2/28.2 and 13e
My Location
cornwall
Hi Has anybody used a monoblock with a Raven 70cm dish , aiming for astra 1 and hot bird and should I make astra1 19.2 as the prime focus
Many thanks Tesy:-doh2:-doh2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the monoblock has identical length feedhorns, then Astra now is probably the better bet for prime LNB, as Hotbird is generally stronger, but either will do.

garym71

My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
I'm not actually running a monoblock but I am running single LNB's on a Raven 70cm dish pointing at those 2 satellites (plus a 3rd LNB pointing at 28.2E as well). I decided to put the prime focus on 19.2E as I was told it was weaker than the 13.0E and I'm getting good signals from both those satellites (see this post). As you're in the south of the UK then I would expect you to get more or less the same sort of results using a monoblock :)