Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Huevos said:
I'll start a post once it is complete.

I have bought 2 Spaun SUR 420 switches so far. If I use them in cascade (with 7 committed) I can get up to 28 LNBs. 12 without DiSEqC repeats and 16 with.

I use DiSEqC repeats on all position and all cascade steps, repeats make the switching between sats faster. Before with Dreambox and no repeats the switching could take up to 30sec, have not tried without repeats on my Vu+.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
RimaNTSS said:
Matthew!
I PMd you some time ago (perhaps message did not get you). Those holders were made by friend of mine. Material is stainless steel, including pipe holders (they are made in UK by the way). At the end each set coasted me 5 Latvian Lats (about 10 USD). If you wish I can ask my friend to produce some more and then I will ship them to you. Of course, some post charges will apply.

My holders that came from you were great. I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks again.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hakon said:
I use DiSEqC repeats on all position and all cascade steps, repeats make the switching between sats faster. Before with Dreambox and no repeats the switching could take up to 30sec, have not tried without repeats on my Vu+.
Works fine for me on the Vu+ Duo, and if I switch on repeats where I don't need them it takes a second or so longer.

Have a look at the video below:

[tube]GQft0sUNA5s[/tube]

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
It's good if theres no need for repeats, but it will show when you have more DiSEqC switches in several steps.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
HI Hakon

I forgot to add that the setup is going to be fixed to a wall - is that a problem as most people said they used a pole!

ANy advice on that.

Also it seems buying in Europe is cheaper than the Uk

I need to look into that but now need to find out if fixing to a wall is a issue

cheers V

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
HI Hakon

I forgot to add that the setup is going to be fixed to a wall - is that a problem as most people said they used a pole!

ANy advice on that.

Also it seems buying in Europe is cheaper than the Uk

I need to look into that but now need to find out if fixing to a wall is a issue

cheers V
Yes, most people use a pole... and the pole is fixed to a wall using T & Ks or similar. Pole size is 60mm diameter and must be plumb. There's nothing wrong with using a heavy-duty L bracket though, which is what I did with mine. As long as the bracket doesn't flex and has a reasonable footprint it will be fine.

Attachments

• 60mm-wall-bracket.jpg
    60mm-wall-bracket.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 135

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Great picture and setup by the looks of it.

Already searching the brackets.

Hope to have it up in the wall as soon as all the parts are finalised

cheers V

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Hi Guys

question for all the T90 mod bars users
I was pricing up the bars and all that and wondered if anyone can confirm if these will do the job

_http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=170609294182
_http://www.sw-sat.de/product_info.php/info/p551_multifeedhalter-4-fach-verstellbar--neu-.html

they look simialr and might save me some time on getting all the parts together from the ironmonger and all that
I will need four of them

cheers vik

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
godzillafan said:
Hi Guys

question for all the T90 mod bars users
I was pricing up the bars and all that and wondered if anyone can confirm if these will do the job

_http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=170609294182
_http://www.sw-sat.de/product_info.php/info/p551_multifeedhalter-4-fach-verstellbar--neu-.html

they look simialr and might save me some time on getting all the parts together from the ironmonger and all that
I will need four of them

cheers vik

Not the same i use .
The one i had for my T-90 is this E-bay.de 110676612247

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Hakon said:
Not the same i use .
The one i had for my T-90 is this E-bay.de 110676612247

Thanks H
I am looking them up and checking to see if they will work better to take those 4 holder out and use them with a new bar - the cost will push to about 40Euros.

But do you know what type of fixings Riman and Hakon are using? I looked at their picture and it seems like a 2 holde dowel of some sort.

If Riman and Hakon are reading - Hi guys what are your fixings called - as I check with a local diy supplier and they did not have any (the bronze tpye dowel for sliding along the bars). I need to check with my local ironmonger - he is going to source them for me -
if you know the shop that supplies them that will be a bonus those - brones like dowels and the actual lnb metal holders - grateful for name of place to obtain.

Everything coming together nicely now and just a few bits to collect.

cheers vik

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
But do you know what type of fixings Riman and Hakon are using? I looked at their picture and it seems like a 2 holde dowel of some sort. [...] guys what are your fixings called - as I check with a local diy supplier and they did not have any (the bronze tpye dowel for sliding along the bars). I need to check with my local ironmonger - he is going to source them for me - [...] - brones like dowels and the actual lnb metal holders - grateful for name of place to obtain.
I don't know what you are talking about. All the hardware comes with the holders. All you need is 2m of 10mm diameter aluminium tube (I used plain anodized; cost about 3€), and a few 6mm nuts and bolts to fix it to the dish.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Huevos said:
I don't know what you are talking about. All the hardware comes with the holders. All you need is 2m of 10mm diameter aluminium tube (I used plain anodized; cost about 3€), and a few 6mm nuts and bolts to fix it to the dish.

Sorry H
was a little hard to explain 0 but a picture will do the job - page 4 #86 by riman - he has some pictures of some fixing.

The 3rd picture has some bronze colour metal dowel 2 hold type bolts. I was trying to find out what they are called.

The two methods I was looking was the mulitholder 4 purchase - around the 8-10euro mark which cames with everything - i would need to buy four to obtain the 16 holders and then just add the bar.

Or 2nd method - add a bar and these bronze coloured DIY bolts which Riman has - and the lnb holder - either make them myself.

I was pricing up the two and checking which ones will be best.

I know the german holders - I will need to add another 10euro shipping.

so working out both options and see if my local ironmonger can do the lot locally.

Hope this helps with the picture on page 4

thanks Vik

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
riman - he has some pictures of some fixing.

The 3rd picture has some bronze colour metal dowel 2 hold type bolts. I was trying to find out what they are called.

The two methods I was looking was the mulitholder 4 purchase - around the 8-10euro mark which cames with everything - i would need to buy four to obtain the 16 holders and then just add the bar.

Or 2nd method - add a bar and these bronze coloured DIY bolts which Riman has - and the lnb holder - either make them myself.
That isn't bronze. By the look of it, it is steel finished in "cad and passivate" to make it less prone to rusting. Anyway, Rima's setup is completely custom built including the holders; nothing is off-the-shelf.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Huevos said:
That isn't bronze. By the look of it, it is steel finished in "cad and passivate" to make it less prone to rusting. Anyway, Rima's setup is completely custom built including the holders; nothing is off-the-shelf.

Hi H

yes bronze 'coloured' - just need to know what they are called as this is what I call a DIY job. I wanted to check what the parts are called, so I can get local ironmonger to quote me.

Its either that diy job (if I can get the name and info on the 'bronze coloured' bolt things) or 50 euros on 4 of those multiholders.

metals rods and bars are sorted just need the fixing and lnb holder info.

No harm is offering local businesses some funds to do the job

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi!
Will try to clarify some issues about LNB holders. I did buy some sets of holders from local SAT shop (HoldOld picture), but because I bought them not at one time there are micture of different materials. Some really made of bronze ore something, they do not rust at all even if you scratch them, other ones are made of different metal which turn reddish after some time especially in the places where is no paint. I have also seen another type of material in the shop, which is basically plastic with some metal including (picture HoldPlastic). There are also different types of material used for make that ring around LNB’s neck with welded stick to it, some of them rusting and some not. All that above mentioned stuff is completely out of the shelf and one set coasts around 5 EUR.
When I have got bored with all those holders, I said to myself: OK, I need some really good, dependable and shiny stuff with minimum number of parts. I contacted friend of mine, he is really good in metalwork and ask him to modify holders he is using (picture FrendHold) by replacing some bulky parts to standard INOX made in UK pipe tightening ring (do not know name in English), and he created product as on picture HoldNew. That is how I got bunch of new holders (actually 2 x 20 sets for me and another friend of mine. Picture BunchNewHold). Of course, all the materials and work coasted some money, but nobody is saying that T90 is cheap toy. I mean, motorized dish and usual dishes are much more cheaper way.
1,5 meter INOX 8mm bar coasted me about 5EUR and they bended it no coast on special machine. To attach additional bar I ordered 4 small INOX pieces (my design), they allow to move LNB holders along bar without disassembling everything.
That is about it.

Attachments

• 1HoldOld.JPG
    1HoldOld.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 2holdPlastic.jpg
    2holdPlastic.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 3FriendHold.jpg
    3FriendHold.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 4HoldNew.JPG
    4HoldNew.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 5BunchNewHold.JPG
    5BunchNewHold.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 125
  • 6bar.JPG
    6bar.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 116

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
RimaNTSS said:
Hi!
Will try to clarify some issues about LNB holders. I did buy some sets of holders from local SAT shop (HoldOld picture), but because I bought them not at one time there are micture of different materials. Some really made of bronze ore something, they do not rust at all even if you scratch them, other ones are made of different metal which turn reddish after some time especially in the places where is no paint. I have also seen another type of material in the shop, which is basically plastic with some metal including (picture HoldPlastic). There are also different types of material used for make that ring around LNB’s neck with welded stick to it, some of them rusting and some not. All that above mentioned stuff is completely out of the shelf and one set coasts around 5 EUR.
When I have got bored with all those holders, I said to myself: OK, I need some really good, dependable and shiny stuff with minimum number of parts. I contacted friend of mine, he is really good in metalwork and ask him to modify holders he is using (picture FrendHold) by replacing some bulky parts to standard INOX made in UK pipe tightening ring (do not know name in English), and he created product as on picture HoldNew. That is how I got bunch of new holders (actually 2 x 20 sets for me and another friend of mine. Picture BunchNewHold). Of course, all the materials and work coasted some money, but nobody is saying that T90 is cheap toy. I mean, motorized dish and usual dishes are much more cheaper way.
1,5 meter INOX 8mm bar coasted me about 5EUR and they bended it no coast on special machine. To attach additional bar I ordered 4 small INOX pieces (my design), they allow to move LNB holders along bar without disassembling everything.
That is about it.

R

thanks for the up to date information - I think this answers all my questions and I guess I ahve some more for you - both you can help with these.

in pic 1holdold - where did you get these off the shelf?
in pic 4 hold - how much did they set up back after all the parts etc
in pic 5bunch - I guess you got a bulk lot to cover your setup - out of interest how much was the pack of 20?

lastly in 1hold pic again you can see the lnb holder and then some bolts with 2 holes in them - I hole allows you slide along the bar and one for the lnb holder. Those bolts do you have a name for them and were they brought from a store?

I am trying to find a name for them and see if I can get them from a local store and do my own diy job.
But interested to find out the costs for the box of 20 you did - so I know which way to take this project as I dont want to spend 4-5euro on 11 spare plactic T90 holders. 5 come with the T90 so the other 11 dont want to pay for plastic.
Keen on a metal diy job or spend the funds on those metal brought versions from germany shops.

Hope this makes sense.

many thanks once again for the info.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Old LNB holders, I think that some local company producing them and selling in different SAT-shops. Unfortunately I cannot find those holders on the e-shops catalogues. Found only one upper part -_http://www.semicom.lv/TV_SAT_DIGITAL/SAT/Kron%C5%A1teini_stiprin%C4%81jumi/BLAKUS_40_Blakus_stiprin%C4%81jums_40mm_202093_1329.html
And that is in another language even if you push English button. Then, in addition you will need that barrel with 2 holes for mounting and with 2 -8mm screws for tightening. Some time ago whole set for 1 LNB coasted about 5 EUR, but now it is probably higher because of metal price on the world market and overall rising of prices of everything. But I see that there are sets of 3 holders like that available _http://www.pult.lv/lv/product/441/
My new holders coasted me about 8 EUR each set, so you can calculate how much 20 sets coast.
It is strange that you ask not native speaker for English name of something! :confused I I do not know exact name of that piece of metal, I call it barrel. :)

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
@Godzillafan
I can't understand why you don't go for the aluminium that both Huevos and i had used. They are tested and works perfect for the job.
Cost around 2.50-3.00EUR/1, if you can find a local metalworker who can make these cheaper i wish you good luck .
It's a little different when you know somone who can give "a special price for you my friend" , or make them from scratch for your self.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Hakon said:
@Godzillafan
I can't understand why you don't go for the aluminium that both Huevos and i had used. They are tested and works perfect for the job.
Cost around 2.50-3.00EUR/1, if you can find a local metalworker who can make these cheaper i wish you good luck .
It's a little different when you know somone who can give "a special price for you my friend" , or make them from scratch for your self.

Thanks H
I looking at all the possible routes and you are right the alum bar looks like the best option. The 4 lnbs holders seem Like my best option. My friend has the welding machine and was looking forward to this little project. But reading all the help and advice from you guys. It could turn into a project which lasts a long time. So with that Germany it is for the holders and DIY superstore for the bar.

Thanks H - I had to take everything into account and discuss with my friend.

How many lnbs holders did you stick on your bar in the end.

Cheers Vik

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
godzillafan said:
How many lnbs holders did you stick on your bar in the end.

Cheers Vik
16 LNB total