Multisat Setup

beneyre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Grundig Digibox, Pace Digibox
Hello, i am from England, where we live there is a Communial Dish, that serves 36 flats and our house, but in our house there is only 1 satalite socket, and because its council owned we cant have another dish fitted, so what i have done is taken the feed from the socket on the wall, to a 3way tv spliter box, then connect one end from that to the first sat box downstiars, and 1 to the sat box upstairs, now the box downstairs when both are turned on dont get all the channels, it says no sat signel being recived, but thats on the shortest run of cable, but the box upstairs gets all the channels, so i am thinking if i put a inline amp between the wall plate and the singnel splitter, it should increase the strenght just enough to split the signel between both box's

any idears Welcome, as we dont want to watch the same channel a remote eye system isnt an option, and we cant have another dish, so this was the only option i found, please advise thanks

Ben

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-welcome beneyre

I suggest you do not mess any more with what you obviously do not understand. What you are dealing with is a professional installation which you are in danger of doing expensive damage to. (apart from upsetting 35 of your neighbours!) What you are suggesting with the splitter is not an option. Whilst I sympathise with your predicament I am unable to offer you an off the shelf solution but someone else may be able to help.

beneyre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
toppervte33h said:
:-welcome beneyre

I suggest you do not mess any more with what you obviously do not understand. What you are dealing with is a professional installation which you are in danger of doing expensive damage to. (apart from upsetting 35 of your neighbours!) What you are suggesting with the splitter is not an option. Whilst I sympathise with your predicament I am unable to offer you an off the shelf solution but someone else may be able to help.

.....No You Dont Understand what i am saying is, i am not fiddling with there instaltion, or anything, A cable is pluged into the wall plate, this is then terminated with a tv lead end, which goes into a 3 way tv spliter, which then has a tv lead end terminated with a sky end, for the downstairs box, and then a tv lead end and on the end of that cable termintated with a sky connector for the upstairs box, and each feed, to the flats run off Multiplexors, so each feed to each building dosnt interfeer with each other, and as i said i havent touched the wall plate or anything else, and what i have done does work, but you cant get some of the channles due to the signel being to weak, to our house, and it has no effect on any other flat...

Thanks Ben

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Are u saying that all the tv signals came from the one source on the wall directly into your digibox??? before you altered it??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A splitter will only give you one polarity and band at a time, so if you are watching a channel on one box which is on the Vertical Low band, you will only see the channels on that band on the other box.

PS. You also need to make sure that the splitter is full band, ie, handles up to 2.4Ghz.

beneyre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
what i mean by a spliter is a \/
.......................................| Spiter, so it dosnt actualy do anything | part has the cable from the wall socket to it, then \ has a cable from that to the downstairs digibox and / has a cable from it to the upstars digibox, so its like a passthrough, i hope this helps explains better :)

P.S Disreguard the .'s as they were used for spaceing to make sure diagram works when submitted

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It is called a passive splitter and as Rolf said if it is not designed to handle up to 2.4Ghz then if will not work. The LNB being used is a special called a quattro and it has four outputs... Vertical High Vertical Low Horizontal High Horizontal Low. The set up you are talking about will only allow one of the four to pass through thus restricting the channels you can receive on the other receiver.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also a Y splitter is not designed to pass power, so you are probably lucky to get it to work at all.

beneyre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Well, you should give it a try sometimes :-p as the box upstairs pulls more than the box downstairs hahahah :-p it does work, tho but not very well :) well ill think of some other idear then :)