My Dreambox freezes

bigdady711

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I need step by step on how to watchDreambox 500 on my PC. Any reply is Appreciated.
My Location
Middle East
I got Dreambox 500 and it always freezes and somtimes it restarts by itself, and most of the time i have to unplug and plug on the power cord to reset it. No the question. Is there a fix for this problem? and what could be the problem causing the freezes?

Thanks.

laticsmon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
wigan
tuner more than likely make sure no electrical interference nr it

bigdady711

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I need step by step on how to watchDreambox 500 on my PC. Any reply is Appreciated.
My Location
Middle East
Thanx Laticsmon 4 your reply. But the DM is in a place where there are no interferences next to it (can you be more specify?). Is there any software upgrade required? and how would i know what is the firmware ver.?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How much space is left in var?

Blue Panel > addons > setup

Which image are you using? Does it do it on FTA and encrypted channels?

bigdady711

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
It freezes on encrypted channels only.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you card sharing? How much space is left in var?

J

JYAPGR

bigdady711 said:
I got Dreambox 500 and it always freezes and somtimes it restarts by itself, and most of the time i have to unplug and plug on the power cord to reset it. No the question. Is there a fix for this problem? and what could be the problem causing the freezes?

Thanks.

Hello mate ,

My opinion about is first to check installation .Dish lnb cable . The easiest method is to find another receiver ( same one if possible ) and check the same transponder .If the problem exist , installation cause it .If not it certainly a receiver issue .

Ask for a friend to bring a receiver to you and you will find a solution .

Jyap:)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Jyap, obviously problem is solved as he has not replied to MKHU's questions a week ago :)

J

JYAPGR

T_G said:
Jyap, obviously problem is solved as he has not replied to MKHU's questions a week ago :)
Hi ,

Yeap maybe you are right about . When we find a solution to our problem
sometimes is difficult to thank the person that help us to solve it .

Greets .

John:cool:

polar45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500, xp
My Location
NA
No, you haven't solved my problem, but thanks for the help. I haven't replied because I have been trying to isolate the problem (and I have a life away from the computer). The problem disappeared, which didn't help my troubleshooting. I had updated to rqcamd 0.86, but when I reloaded 0.82 the problem returned, so at least I know the cause. I'll just have to wait for another update to rqcamd.

bigdady711

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
I'm Sorry guys i could not reply not because it was fixed. I was very bussy to fix it. The problem still persist i have changed the wireless access point i checked the LNB and Cable signal strength is in the 90's% all fta are ok including Hotbird Sat Encrypted programs except for Arabsat and Nilesat encrypted programs which i find pauses and freezes evrey few minutes. the ca i use is Mgcamd 1.27. And yes its a card sharing. Once again soryy for that and thanx.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
CS is a problem if You are a few hops away.

and You should, really, check the memory as suggested earlier

bigdady711

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
Thanx dig deep for your post, What is CS i need more info or step by step on how to if possible.

Thanx,

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
bigdady711 said:
Thanx dig deep for your post, What is CS i need more info or step by step on how to if possible.

Thanx,

Cs is card sharing...... At this point I suggest you read the rules on card sharing before you post again

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a similar problem - my encrypted channels are freezing every two or three minutes and I have to constantly restart the cam.
I have checked the space and I am using only 31%
Any ideas how to fix it please - it is driving me mad!!

Thanks in advance for your advice

RevDes,

PS I am going to try and borrow another box to see if that is the problem.
PSS How do I know if it is my internet connection or a problem with the cs side of things?

congo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i-link 9000+,dreambox500s
My Location
Barbados
Hi I TRYING TO SOLVE THE SAME PROBLEM,I CHANGED MY IMAGE TO JADE 2 INSTEAD OF JADE 3 ,I HAVED DELETED SOME FILES TO REDUCE THE "VAR" BUT STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM. ANY HELP WILL BE WELL RECEIVED
THANKS
CONGO 2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
First of all please dont post all in capitals - thats considered to be SHOUTING - and its difficult to read as well.

Now you havent said exactly what your problem is - are ALL the channels freezing (including the free ones) or just the encrypted ones.

If its the encrypted ones are you using your own card in the receiver or utilising a card share of some sort?

A nonymous

Reaction score
He'll be on an oversubscribed payserver no doubt. It won't matter what you do, if the server is over crowded you will never get a stable picture, it will constantly break. Payservers never work very well.

Even if you change your box, the image it won't make a jot of difference.

Nano

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes thats the conclusion Id come to nano :D