Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
QWEREWQ said:
That wasnt in CAPS
Previously you told me not to use all letters in CAPS

No, but the effect is the same.

We expect our Members to be respectful and to observe the Rules.

I don't propose to enter into a debate about this - You've been gently advised by Admin and now myself and it's unlikely we'll continue to be so tolerant.

Many Members only log on occasionally and not everybody is an expert or otherwise well-informed about every aspect, in every Country. We share information, not just simply spit it out on demand.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
QWEREWQ said:
i wonder what is a hosted sky uk card for ~ 200 BP ?!!!
This sounds like a commercial card sharing scheme. Discussion of this on our forum is strictly prohibited as it is illegal and could get our forum closed.

QWEREWQ said:
which is better humax icord hd+ 1TB or humax Foxsat HDR 2TB disregarding hard disk space?
The Foxsat HDR is programmed to work with Freesat. As you cannot get these signals you would be paying for something you can't use. It CAN be used in non-Freesat mode when it behaves as an FTA (free to air) receiver - probably very similar to the icord although I have never used an icord.

Get whichever is the cheaper is my advice.

QWEREWQ said:
that 2.4M offset should do as a 3.4 M prime focus right?!
No. Probably about as well as a 2.6m prime focus but it depends on the quality of the dishes and the f/D ratio of the prime focus dish.

The rest I don't know.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Originally Posted by QWEREWQ View Post
i wonder what is a hosted Sky uk card for ~ 200 BP ?!!!
This sounds like a commercial card sharing scheme. Discussion of this on our forum is strictly prohibited as it is illegal and could get our forum closed.

More like providing host addresses for Sky subscriptions.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah, quite possibly. Important to be sure though!

QWEREWQ

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TWINHAN-USB-NO CI-CORE2DUO-4GB RAM
My Location
Egypt
ok

about the hosted sky uk card its sold on your forum sponsors online shops "f a l c o n s a t"
and on the same site i found a freesat card

So is this illegal or what?

they say it will need a sky box where to get one?

Are fortec star prime focus dishes worth 220 BP (2.4 M)?

THANKS

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
QWEREWQ please remember all staff & members on this forum provide info out of their goodwill to help folks further their interest & experience in the hobby. No-one is paid on this forum, therefore no-one HAS to answer your (or anyone else's) questions

We will always try to give questions a meaningful answer but demanding newcomers who are expecting answers to complicated questions every few minutes annoy everyone immensely, and make it less likely someone will be inclined to answer.

Please learn to be patient, I know its difficult when you are trying to figure things out.

However I will tell you this - a 3.something metre dish will not give you Astra 2D in Egypt. Therefore a Freesat Humax HDR will be of little use as many of the channels that are part of Freesat are carried on 2D..

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As regards Fortec Star 2.4m dishes, we strongly advise against them. They are flimsy and inclined to warping and damage.

If you can guarantee benign weather, then maybe one would do, but wind is a killer for them.

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
ok i ll wait for you to take your time

and according to your words fortec wont suit me as i live in a 14 florr apartment building

Thanks for the info

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
QWEREWQ said:
ok

about the hosted sky uk card its sold on your forum sponsors online shops -http://goo.gl/uQLne "f a l c o n s a t"
and on the same site i found a freesat card -http://goo.gl/pL9Kx

So is this illegal or what?

they say it will need a sky box where to get one?

Are fortec star prime focus dishes worth 220 BP (2.4 M)?

THANKS

Falcon-sat are not sponsors of the forum.

These are our current forum supporters: Forum Supporting Advertisers' Special Offers

I wouldnt pay over £100 for a freesatfromsky card - they are £25 if you have a contact in the UK who can get you one direct from Sky!

In this case the hosted card provides a uk address nothing more so that Sky will supply a card which can then be shipped abroad. The card hosting fee is in addition to the pay package fees.

Be careful using these sort of services from ANY company - should sky decide to have a crackdown they could easily turn of hundreds if not thousands of cards in one go. Again if you have a friend or relative in the UK then you can get cards direct and shipped to you.

Sky UK will not be cheap for you though - costs here are far higher than you will be used to.

For example a full package that costs £50/month here is near enough 500 Egyptian pounds/month!

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
Well its alot cheaper because its monthly
here we have OSN on nilesat subscribtion is either for 6 months in one pay out or forced 12 month monthly payment and their service is garbage compared to SKY
they have only 5 HD channels of their own and about 4 HD transported international channels "ex:SKY NEWS HD ,HD SHOW CASE,...etc"
Costs for 1 month full package is 37.5 BP £ so they are 375 EGP
price differs by 12.5 £ 125 LE/EGP

if i am going to pay that much or a fraction then sky is the one for me

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
And that hosted card is not trusted you say
i dont know any body in the UK unfortunately
Can i depend on you in this matter such that you send me a card directly via mail

THANKS

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
QWEREWQ said:
And that hosted card is not trusted you say
i dont know any body in the UK unfortunately
Can i depend on you in this matter such that you send me a card directly via mail

THANKS

I wouldnt trust a "hosted card" - there have been several cases of Sky turning off groups of cards provided to folks outside the uk when companies have been investigated in recent years.

No you cant depend on me - Im not getting involved in the supply of Sky subscription cards to places overseas!

BTW the price difference is far higher than you think. Approximately £50 is the Standard Definition sports & movies package - Sky HD is an additional £10 (100EGY)/month.

You are wasting your money anyway - you will only get half the service in Egypt - the North beams are almost certainly out of reach to you, as well as the Astra 2D HD channels and at least some of the Eurobird 1 stuff- and new satellites will be going into service from next year which will cut your reception back even further.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's beginning to sound like a Slingbox solution might be better.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tivù said:
It's beginning to sound like a Slingbox solution might be better.

I know thats often not a popular suggestion due to the high cost of data on broadband in Egypt.

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
if you can point to an unlimited broadband over satellite with high enough speeds and good price then slingbox might be a solution

KA-SAT ,ASTRA2CONNECT ,SKYDSL"SKYNET" have no service providers in egypt

here we have one of the worst and most expensive Internet services all over the world ,for example a 4 MBIT bandwidth costs 40 £ per month
and its not real probably shared by many "not 1:1" ,high ping average 300 shared and low line quality :confused
with variable quality status the best status is rare.its rare that i get scored "line quality B' in pingtest.net almost all other times from D to C and sometimes F !!!

even though i am starting to get stuck with satellite station Dishes of huge size

i live in an apartment building of 14 floors where each floor contain 4 apartments
all these apartments share one roof if you where here to see the roof ha its like a forest of sat dishes

i am in a tight corner now the only place to hook up some 5-7 meter dish is over the water tank

so the 7 meter dish would get any signals next year or its about the smaller 4 meter dish

can you provide me with details about the license papers for a big dish and the sat uplink for internet?

How much will a 5 meter sat dish cost?

How much will a 7 meter sat dish cost?

also please pin point some places to get these huge dishes and the slingbox hosted service
do the slingbox providers provide all the channels of a certain sat or only some of them?

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We have no more than 2 or 3 members active in Egypt so you will have to do all the licence / cost / supply enquiries yourself. As has already been explained we are not going to do the work for you.

Its impractical to put a massive dish on the roof of a block of apartments. They need big & deep foundations. Or maybe you want to be responsible for multiple deaths when it blows off the roof in a storm??

And you have ignored my comment about the new satellites coming to 28E in the next 2 years. We know Astra 2E will have a Middle East beam that will be carrying new capacity for Arabic channels which will be transmitting on some of the same frequencies as the UK channels. When this bird goes into service you will lose access to anything on the same frequencies as the UK beam permanently.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
BTW if you continue to use odd formatting / large / bold text in your posts you will put anyone off answering you.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, please do not change the size and colour of your posts. It is difficult to read and does NOT make things easier to understand.

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
1-i didnt say that i want you to do the work for me i said that i need to know any information you know about the license papers and thats all.
QWEREWQ said:
even though i am starting to get stuck with satellite station Dishes of huge size
can you provide me with details about the license papers for a big dish and the sat uplink for internet?
2-i didnt ignore what you have said about the new upcoming satellites
QWEREWQ said:

How much will a 5 meter sat dish cost?

How much will a 7 meter sat dish cost?
so the 7 meter dish would get any signals next year or its about the smaller 4 meter dish
3-i do the formatting for you to see the the most imoptant questions if you dont want it then no problem.

QWEREWQ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
summery of all information i need to know:-

1-needed sat dish size for Astra 2a/2b/2c when Astra 2e is launched 2013.

2-i divided the the reflecting area of a 5 meter dish over the reflecting area of a 2.4 meter dish the answer was approximately 4 , so i should be able to get the signal by 4 2.4 meter dish's or not ,please talk about the possibilities

3-the online stores selling feed horns.

that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.