New DM800HD + is on its way

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
It seems DMM has finally realised that a 300Mhz processor is not fast enough and they are releasing a DM800HD+ with a 400Mhz processor (same as DM500HD and Dm8000). It has more connectivity than the DM500HD (notably US:cool: and apparently a colour OLED display, but it is seriously expensive for what it is. The faster CPU should solve the instability problems of the old DM800, especially RC problems as the box can respond must faster. Have a look at SMS for details - they are taking pre-orders.

Note: The faster CPU also has some other enhancements that will make it perform better, so it is much more than 33% faster than the old processor.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Hope they test it enough before releasing it on the market

D

deleted

i am happy with current dm800 no probs with my box, sim201 sbl76c dreamelite phoenix ver 133d, plays all my MP4 MP3 flac files from pc no probs, I think its due to the external cooling i have under the box it runs cool always and box response is flawless

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
dale094 said:
i am happy with current dm800 no probs with my box, sim201 sbl76c dreamelite phoenix ver 133d, plays all my MP4 MP3 flac files from pc no probs, I think its due to the external cooling i have under the box it runs cool always and box response is flawless

So you have added cooling, changed the base operating system, and installed another image with lots of goodies.

Maybe Dream should sell empty boxes and let us build the Electronics and Programming.

PS - Both my DM800 work lovely, Cooling, Ferrari Sim, and Dream Elite :cool:

BGPv4

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.2m, CM 1.8m
My Location
Sweden
phazblade said:
So you have added cooling, changed the base operating system, and installed another image with lots of goodies.

Maybe Dream should sell empty boxes and let us build the Electronics and Programming.

PS - Both my DM800 work lovely, Cooling, Ferrari Sim, and Dream Elite :cool:

Exactly, DMM is a joke, they charge premium as it would be highend electronics but in reality you pay for poor electronics design and low quality components, adding a cooler underneath DM800 and other mods really shows how bad DMM are as a company that can't make proper boxes for what people pay.

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
dumped my dm800 for vu+ duo. best decision ever made. images are better and the constant pain is finally gone. dm800 is simply a rubbish box in comparison to vu+. Vu+ box may cost, but its worth every penny.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
This thread was not started to slag off Dream Multimedia. My only comment is this: If the hardware is so bad why are all the other companies making clones and why are you buying clones that are (by most of what I see on the forums) much worse hardware than DMM hardware.
As far as the VU+ is concerened I will wait and see: At one point Technomate TMs were going to replace dreamboxes and where are they now? These manufacturers have to be around for a lot longer before they can challenge DMM in the consumer market. It is a simple fact of life that there are many more teams for dreamboxes and many more users of dreamboxes than any other box out there.

I have had only good service from DMM and will continue to support their products in preference to any other products that might be gone tomorrow. And hopefully they will stay in business so we can carry on with our hobby long after the other suppliers have vanished.

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
My first DM800 was an Original and the remote control operation was a mare, press, point, point, press, wave around, point, press - garbage.

It was this that led me to try my first image, Nabilo Blackhole 0.8 I fink, this fixed the remote problem, before anything was sorted by DMM.

The next DM800 was a clone, they now both use the same sim, image and cooling, any difference, yep, £200 - its in my pocket.

I must admit that when I do upgrade it will probably be a VU Duo

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
The new DM800SE has some exciting new features, so watch this space (or elsewhere on the web) to get the details. Suffice it to say the DM8000 is no longer the only twin tuner HD dreambox on the block.