New Firmware on Foretec Star site

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
There is a new Firmware available from Fortec's site.

It says on the site it will do the following:-

Fast Download of 7 day Electronic Program Guide
New recording and searching options from info display button.
Full updated Freesat Channel List (including numbers)
Fixed timer recording option for powered HDD’s .

I am off to try it now.

Here is the link.
_http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=114,1

PeterB

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Down loaded and it as set all my Chanel numbers to 0000,as this happened to you,if so can it be corrected.
Panic over I forgot to factory reset after updating(NUMB NUT)

paulwhiteley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion

80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lancashire
Just tried to install new firm:mad::mad:ware but it has failed on 2 attempts.

Any suggestions?

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
paulwhiteley said:
Just tried to install new firm:mad::mad:ware but it has failed on 2 attempts.

Any suggestions?
Paul all I did was switch of the player insert usb stick switch player back on it then press o k the player reads the file goes through a series of deleting stuff then the screen on the player says File 1,I then turn off machine take out usb stick then switch on and do a factory reset,....:-dangerTony

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
Sorry didn't get round to an update on progress. I tried it yesterday and found i couldn't view any channels so went back to last firmware. Must admit i didn't try the factory reset as i was getting nagged at the time http://satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/smileyupload/11doh.gif

Will have another go later as decorating means telly is getting moved.

PeterB.

paulwhiteley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion

80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lancashire
Tony

Thanks for the advice. Just before I try your method I'm using the passion not the passion+

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Make sure you download the firmware for the Passion, not the Passion+

Changelog looks identical, but they're not compatible.

Llew

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
After my update I'm no longer getting the now/next display at the bottom of the screen when flicking through channels... very annoying.

And the ep.guide update seems pointless; if I'm lucky, at most I can only ever get what's on now and next on the station I'm watching.
Far as I can tell the ep. guide is pretty much useless.

Am I missing something?

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
paulwhiteley said:
Tony

Thanks for the advice. Just before I try your method I'm using the passion not the passion+
Ah sorry about that but Im sure that it is almost the same but the screen display on the player may differ,but you have to factory reset for the software change to take place....:-dangerTony

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hi all

Just updated firmware, didn't pick Freesat on factory reset, selected all channels but now can't seem to locate BBC3 and 4 anymore? (I know they show CBeebies and CBBC in the daytime.)

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Kyle

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
I updated my receiver a week ago and so far I have had no problem at all.

cjthebrave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic 60cm Dish
Fortec Star Innovation
500GB ext HDD on USB
My Location
Staffordshire
Yeah me too lopos2000
I had to use the "USB pen in /power cycle / press OK twice "method to get the new firmware on, but since then, no program issues. Mind you I factory reset and re-scanned.
Not sure the Freesat channel numbering is very worthwhile though - just set it back and made my favourite lists again.
All good so far.

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
I have at last managed to get around to putting this on my machine. I have used the tried and trusted method of only having the new firmware file on a usb pen and sticking it in and then turning on your Passion+. I selected the file (only one on pen) and updated it. Once the screen starts saying erase I take it out and then let it go through the reboot sequence.
It all looks good, got the picture back in the EPG again Hurrah. I also rescanned and amended the channels (again) using Setedit. 1 question though does anybody know how to select the right C4 for your area? The one I picked last time was for Scotland!!

Thanks PeterB

cjthebrave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic 60cm Dish
Fortec Star Innovation
500GB ext HDD on USB
My Location
Staffordshire
PeterB . .
You can find out whihc CH4 is for your area here _http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php
Match up the V-PID and A-PID for your area.
However, I'm led to believe that its only the advertising that varies across the 6 CH4 options.

Cheers
CJ

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
PeterB said:
I have at last managed to get around to putting this on my machine. I have used the tried and trusted method of only having the new firmware file on a usb pen and sticking it in and then turning on your Passion+. I selected the file (only one on pen) and updated it. Once the screen starts saying erase I take it out and then let it go through the reboot sequence.
It all looks good, got the picture back in the EPG again Hurrah. I also rescanned and amended the channels (again) using Setedit. 1 question though does anybody know how to select the right C4 for your area? The one I picked last time was for Scotland!!

Thanks PeterB
Glad to see you have got it running Peter,hope S.W.M.B.O likes your decorating....:-dangerTony

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
Tony. All i can say is I'm glad the carpet was getting replaced, and it didn't matter that i knocked a tin of gloss over!!!!

PeterB

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hmmm, no EPG on BBC Three or Four now either...

twiddley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Bedfordshire
PeterB said:

Thanks PeterB

Just picked up that you got back your picture in EPG, mine dissapeared when I upgraded, I just get a Fortec Star banner now. Do you suggest I reload again?

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
I would twiddley, it cant hurt. Try a factory reset if the picture doesn't come up after the install and reboot. (I take the usb stick out when it is burning so it automatically reboots). Recorded X-Men last night from the EPG too, so it all works great so far.

PeterB

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
I have never had the picture in the epg frame since day one only the fortec banner,have done every thing regarding the update to the board even the factory reset but still have only the fortec banner