Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025
Dreambox 8000HD
42" Panasonic Plasma
Sky HD Box
My Location
North West UK
Could some one please tell me how to put an image on my 7025, I've read 100's of posts on the subject but non seem to answer the questions I have,
I tried with Flash Wizard Pro for about 3 hours, then found out it doesn't work for the 7025, I have a null modem cable, but no port on my laptop to plug it into, so I'll get a usb adaptor for it tomorrow ( will this work ? )The thing I can't seem to find out about is ; when you flash with a cable through Dream Up is there an option to save the image ( I'm going to use Gemini ) to compact flash and make the box boot up from compact flash ? as I've read that it is best to leave the boxs flash alone incase of any problems. Or is there a similar programme to F/W Pro for the 7025 ?
Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions one I'm up and running !!!!

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
hi i use usb to null adapter works ok .i installed gemini to flash memory. no problems .make sure u disconnect every thing just null cable connected.turn on dream up click connect when connection established plug in dreambox and turn it on .it should now flash.it can take a long time so dont touch any thing you should see blue timer bar.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Can't you network your dreambox to the computer? Nullmodem upload is only for emergencies, for normal image loading use a crossover cable.

dbaileyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025
Dreambox 8000HD
42" Panasonic Plasma
Sky HD Box
My Location
North West UK
I wasn't confident to flash via network, being the first time, I did it with a cable as I thought this was the safest way, all went well, took 30 mins or so, next time I will try with network.
I wanted to flash and be able to boot from a compact flash card, but I haven't worked this out yet, If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate that.
Also how do you delete channels as I have a few that are duplicated is it possible or do I have to re flash again ?
Thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, you should go and read the Idiot Guide. There is a progam called reamboxedit which will allow you to edit your channel list. There is information about your box in the Dreambox seio, use the search funtion as well.

You should not be too afraid to flash a new image into the box.

omegagemo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream 500
My Location
dublin
Hi D Bailey
I have successfully flashed my DB 7025 by simply following the procedure of turning it off, holding in the button on front and turning it on again then ftping to it via network with laptop using any ftp programme. The web page that appears is very clear on the instructions for flashing. and its never gone wrong, I would agree with TP that you should not be afraid to flash the onboard just try to avoid it as often as you can..

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
omegagemo said:
I would agree with TP that you should not be afraid to flash the onboard just try to avoid it as often as you can..

Who is this TP? :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Latest Gemini image is 4.0 so make sure that you will be flashing this image and not an earlier one.

I suggest that you would leave the compact flash until you have a working system and then use this thread (for USB Stick, but should be the same with CF) to mount the /var to CF:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/7000/105622-usb-flash-7000s.html

Also check if you can flash using only the box (need an internet connection) by following this thread (works for DreamBox 7000S and Gemini 4.0)

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/7000/105829-how-flash-latest-gemini-image-7000s.html

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
Just a small point (as a fellow 7025'er) - the latest Gemini for 7025 is 3.00.

To add to the advice also, I have found the Barry Allen plug-in quite user friendly and-allows you to back up your settings and config, and fall-back if you wish.

You are right also to be cautious as my first 7025 had a duff memory location and this caused all sorts of problems. I actually used the utility from the dream multimedia site for my first attempts and it works well enough via cable or network or both.

Rob

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thank you for the info. I assumed that all DreamBox models can flash with Gemini 4.0

Do you know the latest image version for the other models:

Also, can you please try to follow the thread and see if it is possible for the 7020 to download the latest image to the /tmp subfolder or maybe this feature is available only with the 7000S and Gemini 4.0 combo. Thanks.

paul.moss291

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will be Dreambox 7025-SI when it arrives
My Location
United Kingdom
From one newbie to another, following three weeks of swearing and kicking everything in sight I have just managed to flash my 7025 with Gemini V3.0 using the instructions on the site _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/eng_browser.php . The bit to watch is that once you get the word STOP on the LCD leave it there and then use a PC to connect via the IP address of the DM 7025 which gets displayed above the word stop. Everything else from thereon is easy. Best of luck..