Advice Needed New Satellite to replace budget aged 1m motorised dish

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The o/p has yet to give detail of which range of arc they could get with the old system.

If anything I have to 'channel hop' multiple satellites because the majority of the content on some days relates to kicking a ball - albeit in high quality.

What was the last channel that they had regular interest in receiving, and why.

realdannys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently 1m unbranded solid dish on a TM-2600 Motor - looking to change!
My Location
Wrexham
As already mentioned most UK football is fed via fibre nowadays so you arent going to find the games that were available a few years ago.

Big sports events tend to use high end NS3 / NS4 transmission equipment. There is NO WAY AT ALL of receiving these transmissions without the correct authorised equipment which is not generally available to hobbyists

Do Canal+ Czech and Poland, Arena Sport Croatia, Spiler Hungary, Premier Sports ROI, Nova Sports not clear with CS anymore?

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
I've always absolute despised Kodi, it's not for me at all.

It was advice on replacement dishes I wanted though. Triax, Gilbertini, can you still get the latter in the uk?? Just get the easiy to find Technomate?

Secondly, whilst i'm here. When you're faced with a bracket for adjust angle like this - in this case it appears to have a little marker to line up, if it doesn't' have that (as neither my current dish, nor motor has) how are you supposed to set them accurately, are we lining up directly through the middle of the bolt?
View attachment 145093
no you line up the line with the other line.

realdannys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wrexham
The o/p has yet to give detail of which range of arc they could get with the old system.

If anything I have to 'channel hop' multiple satellites because the majority of the content on some days relates to kicking a ball - albeit in high quality.

What was the last channel that they had regular interest in receiving, and why.

Let's see - it's been a while. Usually i'd latch onto one provider for the season and go from there. Last time it was Sky De for perhaps two seasons - though I believe that has been stopped now.
Prior to that it was something on Hipasat 30w, though i'm racking my brains to remember exactly which Spanish station that was.

I seemed to be able to get most things from 30-ish west to 30w. When it was first installed I had Al Jazeera Sport in Nilesat - the signal was weak but it actually worked perfectly, and then of course they lowered the transmission power and it was at least not possible for me to tune in anymore with my dish and setup.

You are all right though if in the last two years things have changed drastically more to the point where almost nothing clears - it becomes seemingly pointless to not just invest £150+ into something new but also spend the time setting it up and tweaking it.

If only there was an IPTV service which did 1:1 quality with the original official streams shown.

realdannys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wrexham
no you line up the line with the other line.

On my current setup there's neither a line for the motor bracket or a line for the dish bracket! There was a line on the motor bracket with the Dark Motor but the TM-2600 doesn't have one and the dish never had one.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Do Canal+ Czech and Poland, Arena Sport Croatia, Spiler Hungary, Premier Sports ROI, Nova Sports not clear with CS anymore?
Sorry, we dont deal with CS topics here, legitimate subscription discussion only.

This is a long standing rule of many years. It kept this site open when many other forums got shut down over the years.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you just want some free footy stick a dish up pointing at TurkmenAlem at 52E - that has a few games on every week. FTA Iranian channels pirating off a variety of sources. Pic quality varies from ok to abysmal!

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
Well I hope you got another dish. Mine is now sold. Subject to collection later