newbie needs complete set up help..

whitty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
normal sky tv,normal pc using xp.
My Location
lancashire.england.
hi im a newbie,and just wondering if anyone can start me off from scratch on how to set a full satelite system up so i can watch all this mature content and get all the other channels. i.e what i need for the job,and how it works,im based in lancashire england.please help me.....whitty.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum whitty

As a fellow Lancastrian I will be gentle with you (only joking we don't flame on this forum), this is though a self help forum, the idea being that you read all about it from the existing 96,339 threads on the forum, that have been posted by any number of the 132724 members using 55530 separate posts. If you think we have to time to talk everyone through a particular problem then you are mistaken. There are whole sections of the forum involved with your quest you are going to need a cam, probably Dragon or diablo a CAS III+ interface/programmer an STB with a Common Interface slot a dish an lnb a length of cable some F-connectors perhaps even motor and of course money. Hope I haven't put you off, it is a great hobby but if you really just want p0rn you can get that on line free

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
whitty said:
hi im a newbie,and just wondering if anyone can start me off from scratch on how to set a full satelite system up so i can watch all this mature content and get all the other channels. i.e what i need for the job,and how it works,im based in lancashire england.please help me.....whitty.

Here is the short version:
1 Dish pointing to Hot Bird 13E (+LNB +Coaxial Cable)
2 New receiver with CAM (embedded or CI)
3 CI Module
4 Smartcard subscription to any of the adult packages from Hot Bird
5 Enjoy

If your intentions is to watch for free, then you are wasting your time.
There are the occasional free watch, but nothing beats a 24/7 uninterrupted service.