Ngrab

rogue_element

Reaction score
Hi there

Is there any1 out there who can help me set up a 5620 to record to the hd of my pc using ngrab or tell me were there is a guide. Cant find anything in english

Thanks in advance

R_E

rogue_element

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I know this sounds a bit thick but I cant see anything about ngrab on that site.
Or it could just be i have been watching kiosk 9-10-11 for to long :D;) .

thanks again for the help

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal

lion251

Reaction score
T_G wrote in his 'Idiot Guide' that it was possible with TuxVision (Windows based) or alternatively ggrab.

I have done some experiments myself with NGrab on the PC, WIndows XP, SP2. The priciple is perfect, you can just press the blue button on the remote and a file with the name of the program you are watching is created on your PC, it's just that some data is lost every 10 seconds or so. So, I would like to try ggrab under Linux, to see if that works any better. But T_G has not posted that howto yet, and I have not found how to make it work.

What I would like to see is a reaction from someone who says "I have a 5620, and I can grab to my PC without any problems, and here is how I do it". Until now, I have only seen posts like "try this", "that should work", but no first-hand positive experiences.

I am starting to wonder if it is true that (as I read somewhere in another post on another board) that the 5620 has only one ?TS-Demultiplexer? , whereas the 7000 has two, and this makes it very difficult to do proper streaming with the 5620.
If that is true, I may sell my 5620 and buy a 7000...

rogue_element

Reaction score
Thanks for the help m8s I still cant get it working'O'-red I have downloaded
tuxvision but cant install it (it asks for an install disc:confused that I dont have) As mentioned above I want to be able to stop/start recording using the db control panel menu. Wingrab z will install, find the db but no picture on pc and it looks like you have to start/stop recording from the pc. Has anyone got this working?

:eek: AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I'm going to lay down in a dark room