Just Sharing This Old BSB Kit on ebay

A nonymous

Reaction score
Just perusing ebay and have come across an old DMAC BSB receiver and squarial for sale.

The sale has nothing to do with me and i have no idea who is selling it, but i thought it might be a nice find for a true satellite enthusiast.

Item number 321610286683

Nano

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Shame it's not the Channel Master BSB dish as I wouldn't mind another one of those. The one I do have still works well modded with an modern LNB and is as physically solid as the day I got it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is that the little 60cm fibre one Timo?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Is that the little 60cm fibre one Timo?
It's a 35cm fibre one. Almost identical to the larger CM dishes but in miniature form. I do occasionally do a scan on eBay for one but never seen any.

Attachments

• bsb5.jpg
    bsb5.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 53

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah yes, not many of those around, I've got a lovely little 60cm dish with an extruded arm which slots in and LNB holder for small necked LNBs, sitting around doing nothing id anyone wants it. I'll grab a photo when I have a chance to dig it out, it busy at moment.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hah! I remember converting these BSB receivers to proper D2MAC decoders with a card slot... they were a bit pants and kinda slow but worked OK.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Ah yes, not many of those around, I've got a lovely little 60cm dish with an extruded arm which slots in and LNB holder for small necked LNBs, sitting around doing nothing id anyone wants it. I'll grab a photo when I have a chance to dig it out, it busy at moment.
Sounds interesting....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
My BSB minidish is out in the shed, fitted with a Lidl Single-output LNB with a home made adaptor, don't want to put it outside incase the BSB silkscreened logo falls off or something... :eek:

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
My BSB minidish is out in the shed, fitted with a Lidl Single-output LNB with a home made adaptor, don't want to put it outside incase the BSB silkscreened logo falls off or something... :eek:
The logo on my CM dish is as good as the day I got it (brand new but cheap after the merger with Sky) but it's been under cover quite a lot so not in direct rain but does get sun on it.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
The logo on my CM dish is as good as the day I got it (brand new but cheap after the merger with Sky) but it's been under cover quite a lot so not in direct rain but does get sun on it.

The sticker has come off my dish but it's been up years.

I didn't know they did 60cm bsb dishes were they used for distribution of it in flats etc?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
The sticker has come off my dish but it's been up years.

I didn't know they did 60cm bsb dishes were they used for distribution of it in flats etc?
Ah mine isn't a sticker, it's painted into the plastic.