Pairing sky card to HD box abroad?

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi There...

QUick question if i bought a sky HD box and had it sent out to Germany where i live, would i just need to take my sky viewing card out of the sky plus box , which i have set up over here, and phone sky and have the card paired up to the new HD box? I guess thats all there is to it, or would sky question where i got the box and why it wasnt installed by them etc etc, what about the phone line? Is that needed for pairing the box and card.

Does anyone have any experience in this situation....?

tia Nick

djslytv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star 1m motorised
setup hooked up to laptop
My Location
caernarfon n.wales
sky would ask questions where is the box etc... if you had the sky hd in uk u should of paired the card then and then take the box out to germany.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Iceman has set up a couple in Cyprus so will be able to answer your questions, you will of course have to upgrade your subscription, as Sky HD is £10/month more.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
rolfw said:
Iceman has set up a couple in Cyprus so will be able to answer your questions, you will of course have to upgrade your subscription, as Sky HD is £10/month more.

The couple of boxes i had sent over from UK had new subscriptions and the cards already activated M8....I belive SKY issues new cards for HD boxes/subs.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks guys, it sounds like its going to be a no go at the moment, will have to wait i guess until the boxes are more readily available.....

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nick6470 said:
Thanks guys, it sounds like its going to be a no go at the moment, will have to wait i guess until the boxes are more readily available.....

Why? I first got my parents a box which I sent to them in France. A few month later I set up a subscription and then sent the viewing card to them. My parents then took down the details needed to activate the card and I forwarded this info to Sky over the phone from here in Dublin. Dead easy. Just told them I didn't have a land line but only a mobile phone and that there were no mobile coverage in my building. They didn't seem to care very much...

The only thing is that new HD boxes probably needs to be connected to the phone line for 12 months, but if you have a non subsidised box you'll be fine.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's the problem, the boxes are not available at the moment, yes, it is easy with anything other than the HD box.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i have a box if i want it, but i need to know if a box call back is essential to pair up card and box or can this be done with a phone call?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The new HD boxes needs to be connected to the phone line, so I guess you just have to wait until the box is out of contract...