juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
Hi,

I am experiencing problems with my box and my hard drive.

Everything seems to be going fine until (usually weekly) the box comes up with an error to effect of HD NOT FAT32 or NOT FORMATTED or something like that.

I can read the drive perfectly well on my PC... and I've now found that when I delete the last file recorded, it all comes back to life again.

The hard drive switches on/off OK when switching the box on/off though occasionally there is an access error and I have to manually switch the drive off myself and reboot the system.

Am I doing something wrong? I have perfectly good recorded files in both HD & SD but then this happens and I'm starting to tear my hair out!!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It sounds like your hard drive is almost full.....
You say you have both HD and SD recorded, are you aware of the size of HD files when recorded?
This appears to be confirmed by the fact that the drive springs back to life after deleting the last file you attempted to record. What size is the drive and how much space is there on it?

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
No, the drive is not full. It is almost empty infact with only about 3 hour-length recordings on it.

The drive is about 320gB and can be seen and read/write by my PC even when the box says it is not formatted etc.

It seems that every now and then (usually weekly) the box writes a corrupt file to the drive for no apparent reason. But uploading the ts file to the pc... it plays perfectly.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Is your firmware up to date?

_http://fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=114%2C1

juclarie

Reaction score