Phoenix Apollo CI+MC

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
I have just had the above receiver installed yesterday. It seems simple and easy to use.
Initially, all the TPS & many music channles were available. Also many channles on Astra & Hispasat were clrearly seen.
However, suddenly, all descramlled channels became unwatchable.
The only thing happened that I left home for few hours and my partner was using it. I am not sure if she pressed something by mistake.
I have to say I am not familiar with the phoenix receivers nor do I know its secrets.
can any one advise me what to do?
Thank you in anticipation.

irishweeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix apollo converted to openbox x820
100cm orbital dish
moteck 2100 motor
Diablo 2.3
My Location
N ireland
go to main menu. press 1117 and this will open a secret menu. Check that the patch is turned on in this menu

Also this is where you can enter the d+ and cabo keys

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
Thanks a lot for your advice. I did that and found that it the patch is already on. is there a need to repatch it? if so, how do I do that?
thank yoi in advance.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
If i was u i would upgrade your apollo to an openbox, there is much more support for this box.. go here for upgrade alsat

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
Thanks Kip
how do I upgrade it?

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
Thanks Kip
how do I upgrade it?
If you google 'alsat' they have all the software you need. Firstly, upload the 'apollo to openbox' software using the 'all updater', then download 'pobedit' this is a channel and key editor for the openbox which has alot of support.. Let us know how you get on:)

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Satellite Receiver
My Location
London
Hi,

I am having a motorised system fitted with a Phoenix Apollo CI receiver and the person that will be installing said it is patched. Can someone please tell me which packages work with this box by entering the keys?

It would be great if you could name as many packages as possible that you have got working with a patched Phoenix Apollo and if possible could you tell me what special stuff I can get with these packages such as movies, football etc.

Thanks for your help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum mgyi99

What you are asking for is impossible for anyone on here to answer as you do not give any details of what you or your installer have flashed it with and of course that is assuming that someone has a similar model flashed with the same. Whoever is installing it for you or whoever supplied the stb it ask them as to its capabilities. I notice it is a CI model therefore it has a common interface and could take a decent CAM if you could afford one

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
mgyi99 said:
Hi,

I am having a motorised system fitted with a Phoenix Apollo CI receiver and the person that will be installing said it is patched. Can someone please tell me which packages work with this box by entering the keys?

It would be great if you could name as many packages as possible that you have got working with a patched Phoenix Apollo and if possible could you tell me what special stuff I can get with these packages such as movies, football etc.

Thanks for your help.
The best thing you can do is wait and see..If it has the same software that i have just downloaded, premiere (19e) is now on auto update (great for the footie and in english).

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
thanks Kip
forgive me for asking again. when you say download premier, do you mean on pc? it is already there on Sat with many others.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He doesn't say download Premier, you are ignoring the comma in the sentence, He says:

"If it has the same software that i have just downloaded, premiere (19e) is now on auto update

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
thanks, i will try to find out the software info.
it was bought from para*lic, just incase some one has same model.

Marvel64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echosmart DSB791
Global Orbit 80cm dish
Dark Motor
My Location
Wiltshire
To unscramble the channels again as per your original post, go to France 5 and leave on for a minute or two. If the picture unscrambles you will then get TPS etc.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
I have just had the above receiver installed yesterday. It seems simple and easy to use.
Initially, all the TPS & many music channles were available. Also many channles on Astra & Hispasat were clrearly seen.
However, suddenly, all descramlled channels became unwatchable.
The only thing happened that I left home for few hours and my partner was using it. I am not sure if she pressed something by mistake.
I have to say I am not familiar with the phoenix receivers nor do I know its secrets.
can any one advise me what to do?
Thank you in anticipation.
also note, d+ on hispasat and astra will not update, you need to enter new keys, they change them nearly everyday - sometimes 3 times a day)(-red. If you download florikey (google it) or look on other forums you can get the new keys.. You can enter these by going to the secret menu (1117).... I have converted my apollo to an openbox 820... This means that the software inside thinks it is a diff reciever, i find the software for the openbox is much better

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
Marve162 & Kip. thank you so much guys.
if you change it openbox820, will still update TPS? and can you go back to apollo if needed?
Thanks

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
I tried to unlock 'BBC Prime' on Hotbird through VIACCESS on my Phoenix Apollo. I typed 1117 in the main menu, selected Viaccess, entered id '00 A0 00', the receiver recognises that its BBC Prime. Then I enter the 3 lines of characters (16 characters per line) with indexes 08, 09 and then 0A for the last line.

But when I save the key and go back to the channel list, BBC Prime is still encrypted!!! My firmware was updated in February 2007. Now, am I missing something, or is it supposed to unlock the channel??? I'm just trying to do the most basic thing when it comes to unlocking channels and I can't even get it working! Thank you.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
Marve162 & Kip. thank you so much guys.
if you change it openbox820, will still update TPS? and can you go back to apollo if needed?
Thanks
Yes tps is au and yes you can convert back(the convert back file is normally with the convert file), in fact i have just converted back to the apollo myself, because with the latest firmware d+ is now on auto update on the apollo but not the openbox... if you search the net you shouldbe able to find this... sorry for the slow reply i have had a pc nightmare and have been off line

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
bmonkey said:
I tried to unlock 'BBC Prime' on Hotbird through VIACCESS on my Phoenix Apollo. I typed 1117 in the main menu, selected Viaccess, entered id '00 A0 00', the receiver recognises that its BBC Prime. Then I enter the 3 lines of characters (16 characters per line) with indexes 08, 09 and then 0A for the last line.

But when I save the key and go back to the channel list, BBC Prime is still encrypted!!! My firmware was updated in February 2007. Now, am I missing something, or is it supposed to unlock the channel??? I'm just trying to do the most basic thing when it comes to unlocking channels and I can't even get it working! Thank you.
There are two bbc primes on hotbird have you tried the other one, i can unlock one of them but not the other

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
Hi kip, none of the BBC Primes work for me, but I think this could be because of my out-of-date firmware version. I am thinking of updating my firmware because at the moment I can only get Digital+ and Polsat to work and also Premiere Sports, but when I try to go to one of the multi-feed channels for Premiere Sports Portal, the screen freezes at the portal. I heard that this could be because my firmware is old. The firmware at the moment is February 2007 for my Phoenix Apollo.

What I want to know is, if I upgrade the firmware now, will I be able to receive any extra packages that I can't receive at the moment such as TPS, CanalSat, Kabel, Sky Italia, Showtime Network, MTV Networks, Canal Digitaal, FTCable etc.. because they don't work even though I've got the correct keys entered. I just want to know if its worth me upgrading the firmware and also, which packages are on auto-update if I upgrade the firmware? I am a bit scared to update my firmware, if something happens while I'm upgrading, will I still be able to fix the problem, or is that the end of the box? Is it as easy as adding the keys through the softcam file because I've done that before? Also, will I have to rescan for all the satellite once I've upgraded the firmware?

The latest firmware file that I have is CI_(09E0V1060)_051007.wsw, i'm assuming this is the right one?

Thanks so much for your help!

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
bmonkey said:
Hi kip, none of the BBC Primes work for me, but I think this could be because of my firmware version. I am thinking of updating my firmware because at the moment I can only get Digital+ and Polsat to work and the Premiere Sports Portal, but when I try to go to one of the multi-feed channels for Premiere Sports Portal, the screen freezes at the portal. I heard that this could be because my firmware is old. The firmware at the moment is February 2007 for my Phoenix Apollo.

What I want to know is, if I upgrade the firmware now, will I be able to receive any extra packages that I can't receive now because at the moment I can't get TPS, CanalSat, Kabel, Sky Italia, Showtime Network, MTV Networks, Canal Digitaal, FTCable etc.. even though I've got the correct keys entered. I just want to know if its worth me upgrading the firmware and which packages are on auto-update if I upgrade the firmware? I am bit scared to update my firmware, if something happens while I'm upgrading, will I still be able to fix the problem, or is that the end of the box?

Thanks so much for your help!
I had bbc prime working when i was using openbox software up to a few days ago, i have since converted my reciever back to an apollo and have not yet scanned hotbird with latest apollo firmware so i can not help you here untill i try later today. I do know that with the latest update tps, premiere, polsat and d+ are all auto update, the mtv networks on 19e dont seem to be working with the apollo update although some of them were with the openbox. I have tried and tested d+ and premiere and all is good....Have u tried updating tps by going to france 4 and waiting 20 seconds (there are 2 france 4 channels and i found only 1 of them would update the keys) , this might work.. If i was u i would take the risk and upgrade to the latest firmware, i have done this many times with no problems, other forums on the net will have the files. If you cant find them let me know.. I can only help u with 19e and hotbird channels as i dont normally watch much else but im sure you will get more with latest firmware... Also i noticed a prob with freezing on prem multi-feed and found that by pressing exit instead of ok on the multi-feed menu after selecting the channel it works.... hope this helps:)