Playing .ts on PC?

packetstormer

My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
Does anyone know what media player the DM800 uses to play back its recorded shows?
I have 3 DM's in the house and have a python script that connects to them daily and pulls all the recorded shows (that aren't already in the local Mysql D:cool: and puts them onto a central disk on my PC. The PC is a quad core 64-Bit Windows 7 system with 8GB of RAM and and pretty good HDMI card. The problem I have is that no HD recorded shows play correctly on the PC without juddery, stuttering images. I have tried VLC, Media Player Classic, WMP with all the usual codecs installed but nothing seems to play. The SD content plays fine.

Has anyone managed to get HD ts content, recorded from their DM, to play on a PC? If so, how!?

compufunk

My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Do you have a decent graphics card? Hardware acceleration is a big help for playing HD content.

I run Windows 7 on my laptop and can play 1080i content from my reciever over wifi without any problems. It plays fine in Windows Media Player without any additional codecs.

packetstormer

My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
compufunk said:
Do you have a decent graphics card? Hardware acceleration is a big help for playing HD content.

I run Windows 7 on my laptop and can play 1080i content from my reciever over wifi without any problems. It plays fine in Windows Media Player without any additional codecs.

It's not the best you could buy but it should do HD fine. It's a Radeon 4350 HD card with reasonable spec - it says its designed for HD!? I can play other HD content fine, just nothing from the DM?