Brazil Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK
Possibility of South America Satellite
My Location
Boston, UK
Hi there,

I got a box coming from Brazil with the intention of getting some channels from South America. I have been told I possibly can get from 61W Amazonas or 63W Estrela do Sul. I just wonder if someone know if that is really possible with the Sky Dish and a standard LNB or I need any special equipment.

Hope someone could have a light on this subject.

Thank You for the time.
Brazil Boy

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well those Satellites are very much on the very edge, if not beyond, of the effective horizon.

Even if you were able to gain line of sight somehow, the Dish size you would require would be considerable - A Sky Minidish will be of no value at all. Sorry.

What's of interest at 61W anyway? The link here _http://www.flysat.com/amazonas.php suggests nothing of value.

Brazil Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK
My Location
Boston, UK
Hi,

Thank You for the quick reply.
I been told about those 2 sat., but like you can see that's not the case.
I'm looking for the reception of all channels available in Brazil. Do you have any suggestions of Satellites that could be possible?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not possible - theres no South American channels on the European beams of the satellites serving Brazil.

You might find an IPTV solution is better. (TV via the internet)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
At some point in the recent past, there was one channel on Astra2 that was Brazilian.

(and purely by coincidence the programme I caught at the time was about hairstyling)

Brazil Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK
My Location
Boston, UK
Hi,

I have some friends in Brazil that have a lot of channels on the Amazonas. When we go to the _http://www.dishpointer.com there are saying that is possible to get signal?

Please just correct me if I'm miss interpreting.

Thanks....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You may well be able to point a dish in the right direction, but:

a. The elevation will be close to or below the horizon, so you can't "see" the Satellite

b. Even if you could, the Footprint does not cover the UK - because it's generally directed towards South America

c. Even if you could get a sniff of a side lobe, you'd need an enormous dish.

Satellite are not Universal in coverage ................ they concentrate their efforts in beams catering for the intended audience.

So.yes, you are misinterpreting! A case of hope over adversity, I'm afraid.

No chance.

SatSearcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105cm dish with 0.1 smart LNB. TBS 6903 & TBS 5925 Card & Octagon SF4008. 55E-65W.
My Location
West Yorkshire
The amazonas satellite can be 'seen' from the uk, i can receive 1 data signal that's on the european beam, unfortunately that's all thats on the euro beam, all the rest are on south american footprints,so no chance of these in the UK
. Here's the Brazil beam.
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/amazonas_br.html

tanka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cband ku band 52 birds 4dtv/vantage 1100hd vantage vt1 azbox premium plus Azbox miniME
My Location
canada
did you have one chanell from brazil on the cband record international at intelsat907 at 27.5 west need big dish at ku band did have one chanel at 15 west Pampa tv .I have the chanel but only for nort and sud america

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
SatSearcher said:
The amazonas satellite can be 'seen' from the uk, i can receive 1 data signal that's on the european beam, unfortunately that's all thats on the euro beam, all the rest are on south american footprints,so no chance of these in the UK
. Here's the Brazil beam.
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/amazonas_br.html

yes -- i had a 70 cm fixed dish setup on this sat last year -- i was hoping for occasional feeds on 12509 V 6666-7/8 on the -- european beam, never got any though

i also used to blind scan the sat sometimes
but all i ever got was the data transponder that you mentioned --
it had quite a strong signal even on 70 c.m.

regards nelson.b