Problem with new motorised set-up

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro penta 85cm dish, motek motor and Technomate 5200D receiver
My Location
Belfast
I'm in the process of setting up a motorised set-up (technomate 5200D and 85cm penta) for a friend and am encountering problems I did not experience when setting up a similar system for myself. I can get a good signal quality on Astra 28 and hotbird (90% plus). I can also get pictures on Atlantic bird, but at signal quality of 20%. I can't get hispassat at all. I was very careful to make sure that the motor mount was vertical and have tried small alterations in the tilt of the dish and east/west movements, plus changes to the LNB skew but this makes no difference. I would be grateful for any suggestions

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Did you send the dish to your reference satellite prior to alignment.
Skew should be at zero for the motor on zero degrees.

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
I used the ULAS system and put in the co-ordinates. I used Astra 19 as my reference satellite as this had worked for me before (I realise this is quite far east) . I moved the motor around the mount and adjusted the elevation of the dish to get the best picture. I than got excellent signal quality on neighbouring satellites but poor Atlantic Bird. What surprises me is that I can't improve on the signal quality by adjusting the elevation of the dish, moving it west or east with small movements of the motor or changing the lnb skew.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Atlantic Bird @ 5°W is a better reference satellite if you have a line of sight.

gerryl

Reaction score
pm 'timbo86' he's local and will sort it for fair price (got all the right gear)...done my Penta85 given me channel list was crap to start with!...:)

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks for the suggestions. Had another go, setting up on Antlantic Bird, and got a good signal on a range of satellites.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location