Problem with pc, can you help?

Donzo Bonzo

My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
Sorry if I have put this message in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a related computer forum here... :)

I have two pcs and a mac. I am on the mac now. The other pc I do not connect to the Internet in case the other pc crashes. And it has in a way.

I can get on the pc I connect in the morning, but it's a struggle. I sometimes have to switch it on and off around 8 times before it's working. I keep getting a message that says "you have performed an illegal operation in Msgsrv32."

I see no icons, just a blue background. The only way around it is keep pressing "control, ALT, and delete" and this sometimes gets my computer on.

I have ran Spybot which killed a lot of viruses. But although Spybot is saying my pc is clean, I know it's not. My browser is still hyjacked, and I cannot change it, and I keep getting this Msgsrv32 message - it's sooooooooo annoying.

Anyone know of a link to some free virus killing software. I don't think Spybot is powerful enough. Cheers. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Spybot is not an antivirus, try www.grisoft.com and download the free version of AVG. :)

Donzo Bonzo

My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll try that link, cheers.:)

brewby

Use windows system file checker to find your corrupted system files cos the message your getting is a corrupted system file message possibly a shared windows system file taken when uninstalling a program. you will find SFC in windows system 32 folder. or open "run" and type sfc.exe but have you windows disc ready to put the corrupted files back.