Problems getting signal for Eutelsat W2 / digitalb

awqawq

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digitalb
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I am finding it very hard to get any signal for Eutelsat w2 in Brighton.
I am using a 85 cm Optex dish and a Delta Sat box receiver. I had the Dish and the box installed in Leicester a few years ago and not had any problems with it up to the moment I decided to move, I recently moved from Leicester to Brighton and got everything with me, I tried putting the dish here in Brighton where I can get Hotbird 13e with 98% on both signal quality but I cannot get any signal for Eutelast w2. I went today and got a new LNB (thought my old Sharp 0.3 LNB was getting old), I got a Fortec Star 0.2 LNB from Maplin, because I read here that the smaller the N.F the better it is, but I am still not getting any signal whatsoever from Eutelsat w2. I am after the Digitalb Channels, but during my testing I have tried searching for Romanian or Bulgarian channels as well (since they have better reception for their trensponders).
Any help please!!!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

awqawq

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digitalb
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you for your reply,
I am using the receiver's test screen as I used to do in my old address (I can tell between satellites in the test screen).
I know that is slightly to the left of hotbird 13e so i am trying everything possible (moving it left and right with reference hotbird and astra 19.2, moving the angle a little bit up and down, moving the lnb position) but still no success.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
16 East with its proximity to both 13 and 19 East (both very strong), can be awkward to align, particularly with smaller dishes, as they tend to still pull in signals from the adjacent satellites. If a dish is even slightly damaged during the moving process, it could make isolating that satellite extremely difficult.

If you still have your old LNB, best to use that until you've found the satellite, as you know it works. Make sure that you are using a good solid transponder frequency for your search as well.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
10.956h (AlSatTV) is a good solid frequency to search on :)

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
awqawq said:
Hi there,
I am finding it very hard to get any signal for Eutelsat w2 in Brighton.
I am using a 85 cm Optex dish and a Delta Sat box receiver. I had the Dish and the box installed in Leicester a few years ago and not had any problems with it up to the moment I decided to move, I recently moved from Leicester to Brighton and got everything with me, I tried putting the dish here in Brighton where I can get Hotbird 13e with 98% on both signal quality but I cannot get any signal for Eutelast w2. I went today and got a new LNB (thought my old Sharp 0.3 LNB was getting old), I got a Fortec Star 0.2 LNB from Maplin, because I read here that the smaller the N.F the better it is, but I am still not getting any signal whatsoever from Eutelsat w2. I am after the Digitalb Channels, but during my testing I have tried searching for Romanian or Bulgarian channels as well (since they have better reception for their trensponders).
Any help please!!!

i get the signal very good with an 88cm dish from the heart of the north east, even on the week atlas channel i get a picture be it not a big signal, its just that you have not hit it yet. the 11471 v 29950 you just can not miss it even if some one said you have to put a blindfold on. i get about 80% for digi alb.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi,

Just an observation which might help, I checked W2 this morning and could only find 10957H with some break up. Moved the dish 0.1° (fine tuning by altering the longtitude) and got it screaming at 85% Q.

I think you will have to be pretty spot on with your alignment but persist, I'm sure you'll get there!!

Pete

awqawq

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digitalb
My Location
United Kingdom
I keep trying moving it up and down, left end right but still not even a touch of signal.
I was looking on ebay on getting a 1m dish, does that make a difference?
Looks like from place the reception changes.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
The bigger the dish the better. An FR Penta85cm certainly pulls W2 in perfect if you were considering a dish change.

Ok, assuming your dish isn't damaged or warped (as mentioned in post #4), try and find 13e or 19e again and get a lock. Then use the transponder frequency mentioned above (for W2) and move the dish a very small movement depending on which satellite you have. No need to alter the dish El at this stage. This might be where your going wrong.

It's only a small movement.