Problems with Hotbird 13E, with a SeaTel control unit

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
SeaTel DAC 2200 control unit, SAMSUNG digital satellite receiver DSB-B350W
My Location
Italy
Hi everybody, I have a very difficult situation. We have a seatel dish installed on a yacht which is controlled with a SEATEL DAC 2200 unit. That should be not a problem, as it's just like a plain dish, it just turns automatically etc..

The problem is, that some channels are boxed up, but in some part of the day they are working fine again. I think there might be something wrong with the set up. Maybe you could help?

The receivers are: Samsung Digital Satellite receiver DSB-B350W

The settings on the dish control unit are:

SAT: 13E
THRS: 1595
FREQ: 1284
NID: 0000
AZ: 176.5
EL: 038.9
REL: 358.6
AGC: 1820

Baud: 27500
Tone: ON
Volt: Vert
Fec: 3/4

Also I wanted to ask you how do I get the Frequency? As the frequency I found on LyngSat for the channels which are mixed up is: 12597 Vertical

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum AmateurSat

Well unfortunately as you have not given us any other information as to what channels you can and cannot receive and when I doubt anyone will be able to shed light on the situation and what do you mean by channels mixed up?:eek:

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Topper said:
Welcome to the forum AmateurSat

Well unfortunately as you have not given us any other information as to what channels you can and cannot receive and when I doubt anyone will be able to shed light on the situation and what do you mean by channels mixed up?:eek:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I would also like to say that I wish to watch the channels from Italy, they where working fine before, so something to do with the settings on the seatel.

Channels which are scrambled up (boxed up) would be: RTR Planeta and Perviy kanal Europa 12597 V

To get the frequency I have to substract 10600 from the 12597 right?
So the freq to enter into the seatel would be 1997, is that correct?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
AmateurSat said:
To get the frequency I have to substract 10600 from the 12597 right?
So the freq to enter into the seatel would be 1997, is that correct?

I am sorry I have no idea how one of those units operates, perhaps another member can help

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Whilst you are correct about the conversion number, the Seatel unit requires more parameters than just the IF frequency to operate in auto mode. These will include polarity, tone switch (in your case this will be on) , and also the NID number of a relevant channel.

This actually could be any channel on the same band and polarity to that of the Russian channels you are having trouble with, and I would strongly advise going for a lower frequency one, one that doesnt test the tuner too much.

Look at _www.lyngsat.com on the Hotbird satellite position (European) at 13E for a bouquet that is in the region of 11800 to 12000MHz on the vertical polarity, the appropriate NID number will be on the right of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Channel Hopper said:
Whilst you are correct about the conversion number, the Seatel unit requires more parameters than just the IF frequency to operate in auto mode. These will include polarity, tone switch (in your case this will be on) , and also the NID number of a relevant channel.

This actually could be any channel on the same band and polarity to that of the Russian channels you are having trouble with, and I would strongly advise going for a lower frequency one, one that doesnt test the tuner too much.

Look at _www.lyngsat.com on the Hotbird satellite position (European) at 13E for a bouquet that is in the region of 11800 to 12000MHz on the vertical polarity, the appropriate NID number will be on the right of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately when I went to _http://www.lyngsat.com/hb6.html i did not find the bouquet, is the NID number in the column called "SR-FEC SID-VPID" ? Then it would be:

12597 V Planeta Sport 8201
tp 94

The NID should be 8201? Or do I have everything completely wrong? Also when I tried substracting 12597-10600 and got 1997, when entering 1997 into the frequency in SeaTel, I dont see any channels at all, the receiver is "searching for signal"

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The NID is 318 for that transponder.

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Llew said:
The NID is 318 for that transponder.

Thank you, sorry for the 2posts mates.

As I understood on the LyngSat that 318-9400 (318 should be the NID and I should enter 0318 into the SeaTel, right?But what stands for 9300?), where could I find the POL? And the correct freq for these channels.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You are right on the frequency (if the dish has a universal LNB on the end of it)

Polarity will be Vertical (I thought you already had that in the memory), and is set with a lower voltage 13-14v than the horizontal 17-18v.

NID is the number that identifies the channel within a bouquet, other numbers will be with reference to video, audio and text/data streams of the channel plus any subcarrier/radio information.

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Channel Hopper said:
You are right on the frequency (if the dish has a universal LNB on the end of it)

Polarity will be Vertical (I thought you already had that in the memory), and is set with a lower voltage 13-14v than the horizontal 17-18v.

NID is the number that identifies the channel within a bouquet, other numbers will be with reference to video, audio and text/data streams of the channel plus any subcarrier/radio information.

Thanks,

The thing is when I enter 1997 into the frequency, as calculated above I get no picture at all. On any of the channels :confused and as I read on the net the NID should be ALWAYS 0000 as SeaTel tries to get it automatically from the satellite itself..

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
0000 is set only for SCPC channels (if memory serves me correctly)

AmateurSat

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Guys the problem has gone worse, now it says for the channel

12597 V Planeta Sport 8201
tp 94

No Video/Audio signal

Any ideas how could I get it to work O-no

Thanks,

EDIT: just checked on LyngSat that this channel is gone :-doh2, they uploaded a new channel list, and it is not there anymore..
Any ideas on what sattelite I could find this channel? In europe..currently in Italy.

juzzthefuzz

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5400 Super with DiSEqC for 28.2e and 13e on 65cm dishes
My Location
Reading, United Kingdom
I've noticed this too, I'd really like to know what has happened to Planeta Sport
They had really good athletics coverage!! :@

bigtee

My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Planeta Sport is currently not broadcasting on satellite in Europe; see kingofsat.net

ETA _http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=planeta+sport&Submit=Zap

juzzthefuzz

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Reading, United Kingdom
Ah ok. Now you say not currently. Will it be back, we just have to sit and wait?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sit and wait. Possibly it wont be back as the channel has been replaced by Russian Travel

juzzthefuzz

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Reading, United Kingdom
Russian Travel?! Poor show
I still see that RTR Planeta is still on Hotbird, I'm sure that is the same TV company as Planeta Sport.
Ah well, such as life. I'll put the kettle on :-rofl2

Actually, just looking at lyngsat, I dont think it was replaced since Russian Travel is on "RRSat Global Network" and I semm to remember that Planeta Sport was on "Globecast".

Any ideas?