Question for people who have ordered stuff from HMV..

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
How long have you waited for something that you have ordered from the HMV website??

I ordered The Dark Knight on Blu-ray last Tuesday (9th December) I emailed them on saturday and I've just got this reply;

'Dear Marc, Thanks for your email. I'm sorry to hear that BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT: 2BLU has not been delivered yet. We sent this item to you on the 10/12/08 . Most items do arrive within 2-5 days from us posting them to you. Having said that, delays do sometimes occur within the mailing system, and we would ask that you wait a total of 14 days for the delivery to be made. The last estimated date of arrival for this package is the 24/12/08. '

so does this mean I won't receive it till 24th December??http://forums.denden.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176671&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
anyone any ideas if the email means I won't get it till around 24th or if it means that is the latest estimated date, and i should get it sooner??
if its not in the post when I get up, I'll be going to town anyways, I will buy it from the HMV store and when I do receive the 1 in the post I'll not open it and just mail it back to them saying 'someone had already got me it for my birthday and has lost their receipt so I've had to send the one I've ordered back'

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
marcaaron20 said:
anyone any ideas if the email means I won't get it till around 24th or if it means that is the latest estimated date, and i should get it sooner??
if its not in the post when I get up, I'll be going to town anyways, I will buy it from the HMV store and when I do receive the 1 in the post I'll not open it and just mail it back to them saying 'someone had already got me it for my birthday and has lost their receipt so I've had to send the one I've ordered back'

Wouldn't it be better to just cancel the order on the grounds that you needed it at a certain date and attach a receipt from the HMV shop and that you will be sending it back when the parcel arrives?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would first get proof from the shop confirming how they sent the package on the date stated. If what they state is true, then it is no fault of HMV, but the Christmas rush.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I've had things take a week, so at Christmas it will probably be longer.

If you manage to buy it locally as long as you don't open the mailed one shouldn't you be able to send it back when it arrived without any reason, just saying you don't want it any longer? (distance selling rules, 7 days etc). Probably best to email them and check :)