Really an alignment issue

Xenoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200 D M2 Super+
40cm dish with inverto single HGLN 40mm universal hi-gain LNB on a Technomate 2500 rotator.
My Location
Lincs, UK
Hi all

I have recently installed a Fortec Star 4200 system and have been able to find a number of satellites.

However, the kit is aimed at receiving Astra 2B, C and D FreeSat and comes with the receiver ready set up for 350 or so channels.

I have a satfinder meter and plenty of directional sussing kit (!) and have the dish pointed at the strongest signal I can get on the meter.

I'm receiving the Astras and a couple of Eurobirds - but I'm not receiving the channels I should - most notably BBC and ITV.

I've tried minor adjustments for hours at a time on 3 separate days (very strenuous considering my serious health issues) and all I get is foreign, religious or childrens channels and lots of people trying to sell me stuff.

Is it really so difficult to get the stuff I actually want - i.e. Digital Freeview a la terrestrial?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

What you want to achieve is fairly easy to do.

First thing you need to establish is what satellite the dish is currently pointed at. Forget what satellite the receiver says you are picking up, you can only get the one the dish is pointed to.

List say 5-10 channels and their associated frequencies, and from that it can easily be worked out which satellite you currently have.

_www.lyngsat.com is a good reference.

Once we know what satellite you have, it is just a matter of tweaking the dish a little, to get 28E, which is what you want.

BTW, you wont get Freview terrestrial digital TV via your dish.

You will get the Freesat channels, plus any other Free to Air channels.

Robbo:)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
80cm dish for 28east, signals should come romping in.
I agree with Robbo, seems as if you are pointing to the wrong satellite. As Robbo mentions, a few channel name would help us help you.
Digital Terrestrial is picked up by an aerial, usually fixed to the chimney stack. From a transmitter in the UK.
Digital Satellite is picked up via a dish, The signal being sent to you from a satellite over the equator about 40000 kms away.
Parky