Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satellite dish
standard LNB
new icecrypt satellite receiver box
My Location
UK
Hi,

Thanks for reading this post and please excuse any forum etiquette I may have missed.

I have an 80cm motorised satellite dish, standard LNB with a technomate receiver which broke (5yrs old) - this was a professional install.

I replaced the broken satellite receiver with an Icecrypt S3200 HDCCI+ HD receiver.

I'm a complete newbie to the world of satellites and receivers so I selected the auto-install option - this took about 30mins before finally saying "Error no satellite not found."

I can pick up channels for where the Satellite is currently facing East i.e Hellas but is there a common set up I should be doing for the new satellite receiver box to work with the existing Satellite set up?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum, Ive moved your post into a slightly more suitable section. We have numerous guides to setting up motorised dishes on the forum which you might want to have a look at until someone with more motorised experience than me comes along. (Ive gone down the multiple dish / multiple lnb route instead!).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You will need to tell the new Reeciver where you are - At a guess, it thinks you are at Lat 0.00 and Long 00.00 right now.

So delve into Motor setup Menus (Can't tell you where they might be!) and find a screen where you can enter your actual Lat and Long.

Also ensure you have USALS (or DiSEqC 1.3) selected.

Then try Auto Install again ...................... I cannot think that the routine for that is clever enough to know where you actually are yet setting that position is crucial.

Chris.Hounsell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satellite dish
standard LNB
My Location
UK
Thanks guys.

Hopefully not a daft question but once a motorized dish is installed...how do you go about telling the receiver what its full range of motion is? i.e so the receiver knows the dish is able to move from x degrees east to x degrees west etc?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Two ways:

1. Software: In your Receiver Menus you will be able to set East and West limits

2. Hardware: Motors have a pair of set screws underneath a label/panel on the bottom of the casing and these can be set as physical limits on movement. They are normal set quite wide. 70 deg each way, IIRC I suspect most folk never touch them!

Ideally you set software limits that are narrower than the hardware limits, so you have belt and braces.

But software limits alone should be ok in practice. Or none at all! Depends upon whether the motor locus is restricted by walls etc.

Chris.Hounsell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satellite dish
standard LNB
My Location
UK
Many thanks for your reply - I'll get the ladder out and have a look at the motor and see if any restrictions are in place.

I called the Icecrypt technical support line and they couldn't tell me how limits are set or how the dish knows it's location...not very technical hey. :-S

Next little dilemma is that I went for the HD box wanting to finally make use of HDTV but as it turns out there are very few HD channels without subscriptions - i.e namely BBC HD etc - would you keep the HD box or take it back and get the SD box for half the money?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Although the UK based HD FTA offerings are maybe a little thin on the ground, don't discount other FTA HD channels you'll be able to pick up with the aid of your motor. Bearing in mind that in the main they don't offer an English soundtrack, you'll find lots on 19°E. The odd one or two on other satellites and a couple on 42°E (TRT HD and TRT 1 HD) carry English soundtrack programmes from time to time. I have 26 FTA HD channels bookmarked that aren't on 28°E.