satellite isps in whot sat

satscan man

Reaction score
Hi I lost the the web address of 2 sites I seen in whot sat a few mth a ago about so called "push sites for broad band satellite".

As far as I know they are fee to use as they use adverts to pay for the service.

they hold content and push it out to you when u request it via dial up.

can any body help

Paul Davidson

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
New on on me I'm afraid, hopefully some of the members have some info.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A link would be nice ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a little play with it, but really is for those without broadband, there was nothing available in the english language queue, it's a bit like EON in some respects.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Any other free Sat providers out there ?
I for one live in a village and broadband is never coming here,
I've had to get ISDN128k at a stupid price and even that's only
3 times quicker than dial-up...

deeno

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I believe that all the other push systems have ceased, sat@once is funded by ESA and Astra and so continues to help some Europeans but not all. Many of the one way ISPs threatened to add a push download for Email and web updates, but all have relied on subsidies and none have managed to get out of the RED, hence most crumble away when share holders refuse to continue funding, or the satellite bandwidth providers contract demands large premiums normally achieved through TV transmission, but are unrealistic for unicast consumption. Having said that there is possibly enough unused bandwidth on European satellites right now to supply all the needs of all the unserved areas. If some millionaire on a 56k connection is reading this and is bored with 3% at the TSB drop me a PM …