Satlink ws-6923

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Anyone got one of these?

I have just bought one, for the price they seem better than a standard inline beeping thing! I use my meter about twice a year so seems like a fair investment.

A

Archive-8

I have a WS-6906 and on the whole it's far better than an inline beeper.

But it is not dvb-s2 compatable.

Your pc will need to have a com port to load its data base.

When I can afford to I want to get another meter.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Hi Chris, Mine is a USB meter so wont need the com port. I am however having problems finding any software or database for it. bit of a pity. every link I can find is dead.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Thanks Chris I will. I have to say my initial impressions are very good. The quality feels like a £100 unit not a £50 unit. The interface is quite easy to catch on to, you simply enter the satellite position, a frequency and symbol rate and then hit save.

You can add as many as you like, I added some of the easier transponders to get and some of the harder ones for the fine tuning.

When you hook it up you get an audible beep with a quality bar, when you have a high quality you switch it to another screen for the finer tuning. Great stuff. pics to follow.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG 2nd set of pics

A

archive10

I have a WS-6906 and on the whole it's far better than an inline beeper.

But it is not dvb-s2 compatable.

Your pc will need to have a com port to load its data base.

When I can afford to I want to get another meter.
Just seen a WS-6909 come up for sale locally.
Is it piece of plastic, or will it do for basic set-up?
Also, will it still show S/N on a DVB-S2 channel even though it may not be able to decode?
Might be tempted to buy it, even though there's no S2...